Builds Previously known as the 'One Week Resto' now Pathetically keeping it alive... 500k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since my sons cruiser is done ... and he is enjoying it

I decided to pull some things out to clean up and referb ... mostly cleaned here

Tyre pliers ... jack ... tyre levers

My original 74’ jack

195D88B9-68FB-44D0-8E56-E7540DAF404D.jpeg
881DF68E-8B69-446A-B445-3BC5244787C0.jpeg
66999EA0-ED0C-4031-A3B4-F263071FC9D4.jpeg

Had some major frame issues... hacked our way thru it lol

Well it’s not that bd a job really ... just not like the good fixes out there ... but it will last

Good thing to as we just made the trip up to Maine and it was loaded to the max

So much so ... we had to get a storage unit for behind our camper

This is how we got the 6.5’ plastic beauty back in the torrential down pour lol

It was a funny site to see the HD guy mask covered face... it was saying no F’in way that’s going to fit

I knew it would :meh:

E9250437-3CD5-43C1-9A0F-5586C901DAF6.jpeg

Friend sent me pics of the frame repair we did

This side had a hole caused by the dreaded rock finder nurf bars... had removed them years ago... but left the mount plates welded to the frame thinking at the time it wold be more damaging to take them off

Pic from sand blasting off to get a good weld... too much grease and goo lol

AA652A1F-C884-4F91-A825-F1E2511C5EF4.jpeg

And this is the plate we cut to fit this area... I’ll have to take some welded pics... as I do not have any

The other side is the scary side... it was quite literally cracked all the way thru to the top... and was only hanging on by the top lip of the frame rail ... very bad

35BF8ED1-E553-455A-AAE7-3CE46A7848EE.jpeg

Not been doing much ... however ... I had been wanting to do this since I took these off my hard doors after my rollover 20yrs ago? ... added 74’ oem door handles to my soft doors when wife was at beach :meh:

Now I do not have to keep grabbing the window track to close the door :)

7170D391-49B9-4384-B471-7BA5CBADFB22.jpeg

Not very productive on the cruiser ... just getting crunchier ... it’s in a sorry state.

Truck is doing almost as poorly as I’ve been doing... things are looking up however ... replaced oil pan with newer small drain style, major leak is gone just a few minor ones now lol

Had it on a round trip to Maine 270 miles and 270 back in 24hrs ran great

Son took this ... kinda like driving off into the sunset

Hopefully I can catch up at some point, father in law is at a nursing home now and I can have some free time because he is mostly asleep when I am visiting for some reason :meh:

Hope all is well with you all

A002FD7C-777B-4A50-AA54-C48D62FC3ABE.jpeg

Btw can’t even tell which spot weld was the culprit on the old pan but man a quart in two days on the ground (catch pan) was a bit much with the price of oil now lol

Not very productive on the cruiser ... just getting crunchier ... it’s in a sorry state.

Truck is doing almost as poorly as I’ve been doing... things are looking up however ... replaced oil pan with newer small drain style, major leak is gone just a few minor ones now lol

Had it on a round trip to Maine 270 miles and 270 back in 24hrs ran great

Son took this ... kinda like driving off into the sunset

Hopefully I can catch up at some point, father in law is at a nursing home now and I can have some free time because he is mostly asleep when I am visiting for some reason :meh:

Hope all is well with you all

Btw can’t even tell which spot weld was the culprit on the old pan but man a quart in two days on the ground (catch pan) was a bit much with the price of oil now lol

Greetings JohnnyC. It’s been a day er’ two…😎

/this\
Still peddling your bicycle?

Hey Johnny. It's good to know you're still around. :)

Good to see your are back on mud
Most likely I’ll be not as around as before... but I’ll do my bestest :)
Greetings JohnnyC. It’s been a day er’ two…😎
Hope your well physically and emotionally.. ups and downs most likely ... the downs sucked these last few years :meh:
/this\
Still peddling your bicycle?
When I can I take out my 69’ Hercules... I mostly ride at our camp in Maine were I picked up a few more three speeds a 71’ Schwinn for my wife to go with her other three speed and another for me ... a 72’ Robin Hood

We have 6 three speeds now

The latest two were given to us because our neighbor thought we would like them since I’m into riding old stuff :)

You’ll like ... I also got returned our hand build mini guitar that was build by students and I almost 16 years ago :)

Still strumming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom