Pre-sale advice 4 Low Lags - ‘04 GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,
I’ve put a down payment on a 2004 GX470, 116K miles at Autonation $11.3 plus taxes and fees.

The biggest issue for me is there is a distinct lag after I put it in 4low. After the lag it shifts fine. I checked my current rig for comparison, also an ‘04 GX and it doesn’t lag at all and shifts quickly thru all gears.

I thought maybe it just an adjustment, could have vac leak or need oil change. Dealer say everything is fine and operates perfectly (but they also say the oil leaking out of the rear shock is “sweat” and perfect as well).

Should I worry about the lag in 4low? It is the only thing of a short list of issues that is giving me pause.

Thanks for any responses

———————————————————
It has several things wrong with it that I can fix listed below. I like that it has low miles and seems to run good with new Michelin’s, no leaks at the steering rack (although fluid is black, needs changing), only a little grease coming out of inner cv boots, new rear brakes. Non Kdss, does have ML and Nav but no head back screens. Very little rust underneath. Center diff lock engages immediately.

Repairs needed:
- timing belt/WP
- passenger rear window doesn’t go down from main switch (cost for replacement)
- pass mirror doesn’t move right to left
- driver rear shock leaking oil
- cracked dash in front of steering wheel
- center console broken (can get from jy)
- brakes squeak from front right, clank noise going over big dips, e-brake clanks if moving slightly when using it, and is at full pull.
- radio wasn’t working but they found a loose harness and fixed it
**They replaces rear brakes but noted ebrake still clanks. My current GX doesn’t under same conditions.

For comparison I just test drove a ‘08 with 130k miles but the steering rack is leaking, interior trim pieces are peeling up and the interior smells like someone has tried to cover up dog and smoke smell - but otherwise it drove great and the suspension felt fine. Front seats needS replacing, motor doesn’t lower all the way.

4 low doesn’t lag and feels normal to me, more like my current one.

I talked them down to right around the same price.

I’m not stuck on the first one but I like the low miles. The dealer knows I might not buy it so that’s not a problem.

Does anyone know what would cause 4low to lag?

Thanks
-Anne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom