Prado Rear Bumper Cover on GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did a search and could only find discussions on rear bumper replacements and Prado rear doors. I'm in the midst of researching this and am getting close to pulling the trigger on a Prado rear door for my 07 GX for the tire mount option but then the issue of reverse lights came up, which I hadn't considered, since Prado rear lights have the reverse lights built in whereas the GX's do not.

Solution 1- Just get Prado rear lights and do the wiring mod to make reverse work from the GX wiring. I'm not a fan of the Prado lights and I already shelled out coin for newer 08/09 tails because of the clear turn signals so this isn't something I want to do.

Solution 2 - Install aftermarket lights into my GX bumper. Looks a bit too chopped and not too sure what my local Popo will think of that or if I have to go in for a local inspection for whatever.

Solution 3 - Get a Prado rear bumper to go with the door and buy clear lens Prado rear fog lights and put in a white LED, then wire them into the reverse wiring. I think this would be the cleanest look of all the options and be quite functional with an OEM look.

So does anyone know if an 07 Prado rear bumper cover will fit an 07 GX?

Last edited:
Solution 3 - Get a Prado rear bumper to go with the door and buy clear lens Prado rear fog lights and put in a white LED, then wire them into the reverse wiring. I think this would be the cleanest look of all the options and be quite functional with an OEM look.

So does anyone know if an 07 Prado rear bumper cover will fit an 07 GX?

1362898A-E2A6-478D-AF84-4D7D511E70C9.jpeg

32502055-191D-4584-BD6B-2F50C265A80B.jpeg

C0E1FB84-3F6A-4FEB-8963-74373F310639.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom