Power windows activating without help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Comet

Knower of little, master of less.
SILVER Star
Threads
Good afternoon, 2003 GX470. Usual maintenance and consumables to this point. What would cause the power windows to go down without warning. Truck isn’t running and no one is in the truck. It has happened twice in the last three months. First time all windows went completely down and the sunroof opened. Second time was today and just the windows went half way down.

Thanks in advance.

Not being a technician and just trying to be helpful…it reminds of learning of holding the remote (more like in my pocket and buttons depressed) buttons causes those actions. I’m thinking perhaps something similar or a signal/trigger causing the same response in terms of moving windows down. The only other time I personally had any issues, was items in the window track causing the windows to automatically go down, once was a clip I left in there and it apparently seemed too much and went down and install of new window fairing however both of this instances I was putting windows up…seemingly too much resistance and the window automatically retracted. Last string to tug is the switch on the drivers door, seemed to be doing things on its own, but a new switch…took the door off, replaced those switches and “weirdness stopped”. I hope that gives you a starting point and is somewhat helpful.

Holding the "unlock" button down on the keyfob will roll down all 4 windows and open the sunroof too. Releasing the button will stop the process midway through. It could be as simple as the key being stored somewhere where the button is bumped. Or, as mentioned above, a fault elsewhere in the system that is activating that circuit.

I went out and did the key fob double rap and hold. That is cool, I am not cool so that has to be disabled via techstream. I originally removed the dash for the four hvac motors. It did it one night when the key was hanging on a hook in the garage. I have also exercised the manual keyed lock on the drivers door several times just incase the switch is stuck. If it continues, I hope its not raining. Very short sighted of the original engineers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom