Wanted Portland, OR: FJ40 - Bell Housing Wanted! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
instagram.com
Hi, I'm just north of Portland. Need a bell housing for my 73 FJ40 as my current one cracked. Thanks!

Hi, I'm just north of Portland. Need a bell housing for my 73 FJ40 as my current one cracked. Thanks!

would this be for a 3 speed or a 4 speed?
I would assume 3 speed for a 73 but never know if you dropped a 4 speed into it.

They bolt up the same, but the three speed transmission won’t bolt to a 4 speed bellhousing. I have a three speed bellhousing in central Missouri.

Nevermind.

Yes 3 speed floor shift. Althought don't they bolt up the same?

correct they all bolt to the block the same, it's the trans side that is different.
the 3 speed will have a round opening
the 4 speed has an hourglass shaped opening or a figure 8 shape
they are not interchangable

I believe that I may still have a 3 speed bell housing. I am in Arizona. I will make sure that I still have it tomorrow if you are still interested.

@pardion Has a bunch of them, he posted a thread here recently.

I have a 3 speed bell housing. I also have the underside clutch dust covers that I had bead blasted and powder coated, but then went with a four speed. $100 for everything plus shipping. I can get you photos.

Here’s what I have, it’s marked four speed but I’m not sure…it was in with all my early FJ45 stuff. .someone else may chime in. If it’s a three speed i can mud deliver to PDX next week.

Mark

F2CCD503-A139-46AC-BFE1-57FA9ED4A882.jpeg
9F2E1C53-7027-4833-B85D-FD695D30A1BE.jpeg
957C8DCE-1230-4D37-A2EA-4F742ACBA19B.jpeg
1A3D4122-350B-4190-A44D-133A4A4E59DD.jpeg

Here’s what I have, it’s marked four speed but I’m not sure…it was in with all my early FJ45 stuff. .someone else may chime in. If it’s a three speed i can mud deliver to PDX next week.

Mark

View attachment 3036796View attachment 3036797View attachment 3036798View attachment 3036799

that is for a 4 speed, the 3 speed has a round opening where the trans bolts, also the 3 speed bellhousing has 2 bolts from the outside, thread into the bellhousing and 2 bolts from the inside that thread into the trans

I have one. I'm in Portland, I'd have to grab it from Vernonia. Its correct for a 3 speed , actually it's off a 1973.
By the way, I'm not looking for money, I'll never end up using it. Better it go back in a cruiser than collect dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom