plasma cutter and some ductape (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glass, no other option for a project this cool

I had a glass guy cut my windshield with new weatherstripping for about $150. He made a template and cut the glass.

Also, while you are doing this, you can think about getting slightly tinted glass.

- I already decided when (if) this is done - I'm going to look for a 45 or nissan patrol to do another fzj80 platformed body chop as this has been fairly easy-peasy. (I thought windshield area was going to be problematic with 80 dash to 55 door relationship) patrol would be simplest due to its boxy lines.

I would drive a 75 series ute on an 80 chassis for the rest of my life... awesome job, and please do build threads for those chops too!

This is getting me excited to do a 45 on 80 project....

Is there any chance different offset wheels could be used to push the stance in an inch or two? I completely agree with you regarding the widened fenders on 40 series...

I don't remember where but I seem to recall someone using Nissan wheels to narrow the track width of 80 series axles under a 45 project.

Copy away......u choppin up an 80 or other?
I'll be chopping up my 80. The body is basically toast. I really like your bed and want to do something similar.

The passenger side isn't any better.

1412263179871.jpg

Yea, that is the one that I am thinking too.

fat 40 mud 2.jpg
fat 40 mud 3.jpg
fat 40 mud.jpg
fat 40 side by side 3 mud.jpg
fat 40 side by side mud 1.jpg

Made some progress: fabbed up some hinges for the widened windshield so I can fold it down. They are also the pin style same as the tray sides and tailgate so I can remove the windshield and just slide it off.
image.jpg

Looking good! :beer:

The passenger side is fixed. But I decided to weld in some pins/removable hinges on the drivers side an do a suicide access door to give me access to the area behind front seats.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Mad science I tell you! :cheers:

that is awesome!!

This creation is so odd but I love it. My guess is you are just winging it with what pops up in your head? Keep it up. This build is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom