Pictures of the fender bulge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks. I'll be looking at an 07 next week and I wanted to see if anyone has a pic of the fender issue that I've read about on these trucks. Is the possible weak rear end the only other main issue these trucks had? I dont know if this is an early or late 07 but i can find out. The truck is exactly what i want and a great price so I'm hoping it doesn't have issues. I've had an 80 and other than the gas mileage I loved it. Hoping to like the fj just as much or more. Thanks!

That's great info. That's exactly what I needed. Someone is flying in to buy my Hummer on Friday and once thats gone I'll be FJ shopping! Cant wait. Thanks for the info!

Is it the manual or automatic? The reason I ask is that some of the manuals have a throwout bearing issue. I've had mine replaced 4 times and the complete bellhousing assembly replaced twice. All under warranty, but once warranty is over, it could cost me a pretty penny to get it fixed if it continues to be an issue. I have also had the timing chain cover replaced because of an oil leak where bank 1 meets the cover. It was a pretty bad leak. Once again, it affects some and not others. Luckily my 2007 isn't getting the fender bulge.

BTW I have a 2007 FJ with OME lift, Total Chaos UCA, and 255/80/17 KM2. I do wheel it, and it goes wherever I want to take it. Usually in to some way out there lake that holds some big rainbow trout in it. Other than the bearing issue, I love my truck. The windshield cracks a lot as well. I'm going to get my 3rd one installed this spring. I'm up here in British Columbia and drive the mountain passes in the winter, so I get lots of rock chips. It's not a big deal, because I expect chips with a windshield that is almost vertical.

Well, I'm coming from an H1 so I'm used to the issues of a vertical windshield. I know it kinda sucks but I'll be sure to get the cheap deductable on glass! I'm going for an automatic so I shouldn't have a bearing issue like you. The truck will mostly be used (other than daily driver duty) for pulling my little fishing boat to and from lakes. Probably no offroading because I hate what that does to a truck. It's a lot of mud around here and IH8MUD! It gets everwhere and is impossible to fully clean a truck that has been buried in it.

Thanks to everyone for the pics so I know what to look for while I'm shopping. There are quite a few near me. I'm hoping to pick up an 07 with ~50k for 19 or so. Looks like it's not out of the realm of possiblilites, but most are asking 22-25 for them.

It'll be perfect for you! I tow a Jayco Baja 10D tent trailer and all loaded up with my fishing gear and supplies for 2 weeks in the bush, the trailer weighs just over 3000lbs, The FJ pulls it all no problem. Good luck in your search and enjoy your new ride!

Here are some preventative measure pics.
IMG_6454a.JPG

IMG_6458a.JPG

IMG_6460a.JPG

No bulge or rips, I just wanted to make sure it stayed that way...

:idea:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom