Builds Peaches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WEEkend haul.
ED86EEC2-2DF3-46AA-8A11-C157071BA618.jpeg

Been mainly cruising the cruiser with a few cosmetic projects on the horizon. Carpet, headliner and AC should be installed by end of month. In the meantime, I took the day off to linseed the paid. Not sure if this picture gives it justice, but it is noticeable.
53FDBA2E-1772-4A32-A48A-6089F1B0C569.jpeg

More to come.

Ciao

Great thread, much respect to you digging in and saving the ol girl, looks awesome

Been mainly cruising the cruiser with a few cosmetic projects on the horizon. Carpet, headliner and AC should be installed by end of month. In the meantime, I took the day off to linseed the paid. Not sure if this picture gives it justice, but it is noticeable.View attachment 1737149

More to come.

Ciao
It looks really good. The patina on your truck is amazing.

Digging this thread!

Yeah, love your rig, I need to get me some of those mirrors, maybe you could actually see something with 'em

Back with another update!

Visited Alvis up in Phoenix with the plan to upgrade my lifestyle and vehicle worth by adding the invaluable asset of Air Conditioning.

If you have never lived in Arizona, let me tell you, the summer months can be hotter than a pitbull in heat! There was only one place in all my years on earth that I have experienced hotter temps, and thats in El Centro, CA. F that place.

Alvis and I checked all the rubber seals on the AC unit and found out that the seals had previously been replaced, however we moved forward with replacing the replacements since it was the American thing to do. I removed the belts and, alas, we had no AC belt. This was due to frustrations during a previous episode of Novice Cruiser Repair where we replaced the front main seal/water pump. Our frustrations were mounting and in an effort to get on the road, we removed the AC belt.

A trip to O-Really's and we are in business. We placed the conversion kit to turn the R12 to 134R, and alas again, the valve stems were missing! Son of a Gun.

Another trip to O'Really and we are resuming business. There were no leaks after sucking out all the garbage in the system, placed the 134R in the valve, and voila, God was gently blowing heaven temperature breezes throughout the wagon. It was a feeling of accomplishment that I have not felt since graduating high school. I mean, there have been several triumphs in my life, but in all my time on this blue marble I have never owned a Car with AC.

There is a downside that I must mention, however. Alvis' neighbor, a AC mechanic by trade, supervised us throughout the process. He warned me that since this vehicle was designed to run R12, it will not blow cold temps unless the condenser is being fed by outside air flow, or if you spray the condenser with a mangera (see spanish translation).

I drove home, and felt very guilty and undeserving of having a vehicle with AC. I would guess it was the feeling of being released from prison and not knowing how to handle freedom. My lady is stoked though.

Below is the only image that could potentially resemble my level of satisfaction of this new asset I now have.
Elvis.JPG

Ciao.

Not a massive update regarding Peaches, aside from a couple milestones. Over 10k on the refurbished 2F and the aforementioned AC job that has been holding up quite well.
IMG_0649.JPG

I have been working toward a babyshower and a part of the process was cleaning up my yard, including discarding old branches that we no longer need taking up space on my property, which brought up some old memories from my life in Eloy...
IMG_0654.JPG

When I was a wee-lad living in Eloy, AZ, my dad was a dedicated businessman with several seedy, sketchy people whom he befriended or employed. One such friend was Ruperto, a 5-11 250lb Mexican Coyote who worked the local southern Arizona desert routes bringing immigrants to America, in search of a better life. Ruperto was a good person, and once welcomed us into his Escobar-styled compound in Michoacan, MX. Ruperto employed several other coyotes, who would round up several immigrants, stashed in a Chevy Astro-Van or Ford Econo-Van, and navigate the Arizona desert nights to provide an opportunity for these "paisa's" a chance at a better life. My dad's role and relationship with this Ruperto character was to rent him storage space for these rigs.

One night Alvis and my brother, Elliot, took one of these vans on a joy ride (Rupert's employees were instructed to leave the keys to have accessibility for the other coyotes), and went to get some beers at a local liquor store. My brother drove the van to Lucky Star Market an oriental shop that sold beer to underaged minors, and at some point was pulled over by a police officer. But it wasn't any police officer, it was Officer Quintana, a woman so stacked with extra meat in the right areas that would make any man crumble to his knees.

As she approached the van, she recognized my brother and Alvis from working the beat on the local high school campus. Though they were both already blitzed, she looked beyond their inebriated state and gave them a warning. Oh how times have changed for drunk driving.

I guess there is no point to the aforementioned story, aside from the fact that these Land Cruiser's would be sweet funkin rides for being a coyote...

Ciao

I realized that I’m not hipster enough owning just one cruiser, so I bought a piggy and also letting my beard grow.

Peaches is pretty base line with added carpet and other features. I’m proud of the work @Cruddz did to this rig, and since it’s pretty reliable, I will switching my focus to a fj55 I bought last week. Until I do some major upgrades like getting a windshield, peaches will be my grocery/parts/fishing/camping/pussy wagon.

Keep it right, and tight, 60 clan
AD5BB069-09F4-4285-936C-3B3ED7A00032.jpeg

Last edited:
Dude... a 2-tone green and white Pig. You are indeed living The Dream. I want that thing.

@Garrissey I don’t know how I’ve missed this thread as it’s one of the best ever! Totally dig your writing style. Just woke my wife up laughing out loud in bed reading it. She thinks everyone of you (and me) on Mud is a weirdo.

You are the reason I didn’t do the LS Swap. So thanks... maybe.

Love that new pig. I’m always after one myself but I want a hundo first.

Guess I gotta move over to the 40 section to keep the laughs going.

Hope to wheel with you one day. You must be hilarious on the CB radio.

Happy trails friend.

@Garrissey I don’t know how I’ve missed this thread as it’s one of the best ever! Totally dig your writing style. Just woke my wife up laughing out loud in bed reading it. She thinks everyone of you (and me) on Mud is a weirdo.

You are the reason I didn’t do the LS Swap. So thanks... maybe.

Love that new pig. I’m always after one myself but I want a hundo first.

Guess I gotta move over to the 40 section to keep the laughs going.

Hope to wheel with you one day. You must be hilarious on the CB radio.

Happy trails friend.
Damn, thanks for the feedback, I usually think people probably think I'm a 'tard, and skip past this post to LS swap posts and other more serious threads.

I'm actually in Monterey for a week with my lady visiting family, but we have a sick as stock Civic. It would be cool to bring my 60 up for a trip to CA. It will be on my to-do.

PS. Where are some good tacos in NorCal?

Nice work. I need a 55 project to complete my hipster leveling up.
In Socal all the good tacos are out of taco trucks, maybe NorcCal is similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom