Builds Peaches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Garrissey

Here is my super short, best tacos/burritos in the Bay Area list...

In San Francisco
El Castillito on Church st
El Tonayenese Taco truck in front of the Best Buy on Harrison at 13th st in the Mission.
For Pupusas not tacos... Balompie Cafe on 18th in the Mission.

In Oakland
Hands down the best tacos in the USA. El Paisa @dotcom on international. The name doesn’t make sense in English or Spanish and they have no website but the tacos are unbelievable. I recommend only one gringo per party and make sure they don’t do the ordering. Better to have a Spanish speaker order. And if you’re scared of the hood... don’t go here. You’ll get sniffed out immediately and robbed accordingly.

Salinas,
The only reason I’ve ever been to this town. And yes, I know it’s the hometown of Steinbeck.
El Charrito on W Market. They make these small burritos that you’d kill a man for. Great place to go if you’re heading down to Holister Hills to wheel from the city.

There are many more but that’s enough to get a gringo (not you) going.

Last edited:
I’ll have to meet up with you guys when we move back to Phoenix from Tucson at the end of the month. We’ll be at 51 and union hills. I really miss Saguaro Lake and Sheeps bridge, can’t wait to get back out there.

A hipster would buy a resto-mod with no work needed. You're the H.S. Thompson of this forum, as far as I'm concerned. Keep it coming, dude.

Most of my time has been taken up by the overrated chore of being a father. Changing diapers instead of oil, and dumping a bunch of money into new shoes instead of rubber boots has been quite the headache for me and poor ol' Peaches. But this dame has not let me down, and carefully carried my child and her mother up the Tucson Alps this weekend to see the beautiful views that Mt Lemon has to offer. My parents never took me to see the snow, I think in part because they didn't have a 4x4, and in part because Mexicans aren't generally winter folk, so it was imperative for me to introduce my young cub to the hostile temps of 37 degrees. Life should be rough sometimes...

Capture.PNG

Anyway, my temp gauge is acting all wonky at this current moment. It registers hot, then cold in a matter of minutes. I am not sure if the sensor is crap, or if there are some other underlying factors that are attributing to my anxiety driving my baby girl Peaches. Feel free to chime in...

No developments to speak of on the horizon, I am planning on getting my piggy up to snuff, then maybe I can focus attention on PM shiet and other unattended and overlooked work that is needed to be done. Have a great new year. Please remember to drink and drive!

Ciao.

Check your fuel sending unit. Pull the carpet up in the back, pop the access panel off and start brushing and cleaning the connection for the sending unit.

If you gas gauge and temp gauge are moving low to high in unison, this is the culprit.

Hey foos, can anyone confirm changing the motor mounts without removing the AC Compressor?
First, on behalf of the FJ40 owners, "First World Problems!" LMAO....

I just changed DS in my fzj80 and could (should) have done PS; AC comp was not a problem.

First, on behalf of the FJ40 owners, "First World Problems!" LMAO....

I just changed DS in my fzj80 and could (should) have done PS; AC comp was not a problem.
Don’t worry foo, I gotta Pig that has no ac or ps, but my 60 is my family rig and Tucson temps ain’t playing right now

Hey foos, can anyone confirm changing the motor mounts without removing the AC Compressor?

I’ve done it. Didn’t remove the ac compressor. Loosen the fan shroud and jack the motor up.

It can be done but it's a PITA. Personally, less of a headache to loosen belts and move the compressor.
:beer:

Thanks for the advice, amigos. Throwing my Trump check at a full ac overhaul and god forbid I’d have to mess with the ac afterwards to remove the gatdamn mounts which are old and need to be removed

I've also done it without moving the AC COmp. Good luck and report back.

Quick update. I had been dealing with some crap motor mounts and finally got around to installing some Japanese made Westar mounts. Crazy to see a completely broken mount
F8BE116E-27EA-40F8-8462-76C75061A87C.jpeg
the new ones were much better and my motor was no longer rattling with the fan hitting the shroud. Additionally, the install was not very bad, either.
8AA8F8E7-61D2-45B9-BD52-0B40B033A3FB.jpeg
i took the valve cover off and did a readjustment. Pictures not available. Awesome to feel thedifference with new mounts and correct valves.
70CD9C31-53F1-40D1-9B89-68AED8CDA0A1.jpeg
dont it suck to be stranded on the freeway cuz your truck overheats and semis are whizzing past you at decapitating speed? I was able to limp off the freeway and found the culprit to be a capped heater hose that cracked
050546B8-319D-43C9-B03A-68218164CFF3.jpeg
the crazy thing about mud is that there are a plethora of masterful craftsmen who take a scientific approach to completely return their rigs to the glory of which these beasts rolled off the assembly line, then there’s idiots like me who JB Weld a problem and address it only when it is absolutely necessary.

Hey sometimes hitting our heads on the wall over and over... is the comfortable norm. Doing s*** the correct way takes practice and diligence.

This weekend I was able to catch the Jose Ramirez vs Josh Taylor for the undisputed 140lb title fight. It was quite a good scrap for the first 5 rounds or so, a back and forth affair. Things took a turn for the worse, however, when Taylor caught Ramirez slipping as he was coming in. A left hook landed right on the kisser and down goes Ramirez. Not wanting to back down, Ramirez kept coming forward and made a decent account for himself but lost the round. The referee, Kenny Bayless, was quick to break up the clinch, as he is known to do. Taylor capitalized on this snafu as he was able to release from a clinch in the 7th on an unassuming Ramirez and caught him with an uppercut that knocked Ramirez down on the seat of his pants. From there the Tartan Tornado commanded most of the rest of the fight, with Ramirez making a valiant effort but with minimal results. As a result of the 2 knockdowns, The Scottish Taylor defeated the proud Mexican in what was a very good fight.

I went down to see Alvis this weekend to install my AC and take care of the side cover gasket. It is wholly possible that the oil on the side of the motor is from the plug delete on the head, but never the less I decided to replace the side cover while I was at it. That gasket is a real pain in the arse, but it has to be done.

Alvis had some blue paint, and in keeping with side cover tradition, we blasted a couple coats for flavor. We removed the new AC pump that I bought last year and blew high resolution air into the hi and lo side to get all the r12 oil out, and sloppily replaced it with 134r oil. It was a guesstimate, so I hope it wasn't too too much or too too little. I also had the lines redid, bought a new condenser and drier, so it should be air tight like a mafia hit man.

I also invested in some red coolant, and we flushed the system after we replaced the AC compressor and reinstalled the alternator. God has a way of testing me, and it came on the way of a corroded water pump line that goes into the oil cooler. We had no choice to redisassemble everything we had just put together, and pulled the hose out, went to O'Really's, and swapped a new one. Reinstall the alternator and now we're in business, or so one would think.

I failed to mention that I also decided to change my oil. The ******* gasket for the oil plug was flimsy, so as soon everything was wrapped up, I had to make a new gasket to replace the janky crap I bought. I had to leave before I could fill up the Freon, since I had to catch the aforementioned undisputed world championship fight.

Today I was able to visit my brother and he filled up the freon, and she's blowing better than paris hilton. Another couple cool things I did was replace the center bar that holds the grill in place, and subsequently also stops the hood from flopping like a European soccer player. Lastly, was able to also replace the latch on the back window, so it's not rattling anymore.

I get too ambitious with my short term goals.
16AEB7A0-82C8-4287-9B7D-01099C161029.jpeg

Ciao

Good job man!
That’s my next thing on my list to do will be starting on it tomorrow.

*thanks for the update on the fight - well described . @Garrissey , youre a regular Rick Riley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom