Party Hardcore (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Over 10yrs of beating the hell out of my 08, it's finally time to get the transmission skid bent back with a hydro.press and reinforced! Had to cut off the heads 5bolts to get it off. The front is bent up good too. so much so the front and transmission plates were just bolted together. the 2bolts going into the K-member sheered off. Good Times! Remember, If you want to Wheel, Wheel with Steel!

KIMG3272.JPG

KIMG3268.JPG

KIMG3269.JPG

Haha, I just put my skids back on this weekend and had to do the same. 20T press does wonders on pringled skid plates. I gave up on the "factory" mounting points on mine years ago and have strategically put Riv-nuts into the frame where needed. I did discover while putting the front skid on that my front crossmember (under the radiator) is bent, making the reinstallation of the front skid extra fun. I'll figure out a real fix after our April 22 trip.

Haha, I just put my skids back on this weekend and had to do the same. 20T press does wonders on pringled skid plates. I gave up on the "factory" mounting points on mine years ago and have strategically put Riv-nuts into the frame where needed. I did discover while putting the front skid on that my front crossmember (under the radiator) is bent, making the reinstallation of the front skid extra fun. I'll figure out a real fix after our April 22 trip.

Riv-nuts are already on the table. for the front plate, I'm just going to leave it as it is. Since the front cross member is bent as well i figure why fix what's already settled in lol. My friend has welder so we might also get, Creative :devil:

im dreading pulling mine off, they also are the shape of a banana. especially the fuel tank skid. it squished my tank years ago and i lost about a gallon capacity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom