Parts... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clutchee

I'm fun sized!
Threads
Just got back yesterday afternoon from dads. While there I found another SM420, yes 2 now SM420's came back with me.....yee haw. The Tauras was riding low with 2 SM420's & a factory PTO winch. Next trip I will try & pull a trailer & bring back the engine & axles.
Just what Ashley wanted to see, more parts!!!

-TO ALL, please be on the look out for a adapter kit to mate a SM420 to a 3speed case, with a F motor.

Already have to update-found a adapter kit w/plate bearings,sleeves, from Extreme Bends.com, talk to Stephen. Was very helpful & even said he had talked guys through the whole install-kinda scary we both admitted.

PS-please stop by over Christmas-Dad & I working on his 40!

FJ60guy,

Hows it going with Dad's 40? Will you be working on it any this week between Christmas and New Years? When is the PS going in? Do you have a pump yet?

I ordered my Warn Hub rebuild kits, the front axle rebuild kit (CCOT gift certificate from the Mother-In-Law) and the rear axle seals (cheaper at the dealership). Now I've got to decide if I should do the front wheel bearings while I'm in there. Have you ordered these? From where?

http://www.birfield.com/~morgan/tech/axle/index.html

The bearing numbers are on that page. You can get them from Motion Industries way cheaper than from the dealer, and they are the exact same bearings. Motion will recognize the numbers when you call.

Motion Industries
510 B HWY 80 W.
JACKSON , MS 39204 -0000
Phone: (601) 373-3383
Fax: (601) 372-2805

Thanks GT. Are there any other items that I will need? Races? Grease - how much and what kind? I still have lots of 90wt. Can I swing by your place later this week to borrow the specialty tools? puller, brass drift, etc I may attampt it this weekend if the parts come in.

I guess I hijacked 60guy's post! Sorry

By the way, today Sam's gave me a 100% "adjustment" on the tire and ordered a new one. All I had to pay was $11.27 for disposal, mounting and balancing. I asked if I could keep the bad tire and they said they had to send it back to BFG. So I asked why I had to pay disposal and they changed it to a "handling fee". Any way you look at it, $11 for a new tire is GREAT!

LL

Yeah, pretty much hijacked.. Sorry B, take it up with Gun Runner. You are welcome to borrow the specialty tools. That link gives pretty detailed instructions, it allong with a manual and you can do it. Give me a call when you want to come by. I can set the stuff out for you if I'm not home. Races are in the list on Morgans site. Brass drifts are very handy to have, and cheap at Harbor Freight if you decide you want to buy them. The big huge socket is the main thing you will want to borrow. Good news on the tire. What was it that made it go flat, anyway? If it was my fault, I plan on paying you in beer, all to be consumed at once. In PBR that'l be about 25 beers....
:D:D:D

need help?

Lash,

Give us a call when you start on the wheels and we might come by and help. I don't know how much help we will be seeing as New Years Eve is Friday!! Might be a little slow and sensitive to loud noises on Sat. though. Great news on the tire!

Later!
Jeff

Looks like I will need to put-off the rebuild for at least a week. Motion won't have the bearings and races until the middle of next week and the Warn hub rebuild kits are on backorder until who knows when. I guess I'll find something else to fix this rainy weekend.

The tire had a 1/2 inch gash about an inch below the tread on the inside sidewall. Looks like GT's buying the beer! Just kidding. Borrowing your tools, expertise and sweat both past and future have you heavily on the credit side of the ledger! Thanks for all of your help.

Had a good conversation with Amanda on the GSMTR trip and she said I should definitely go. So we'll see how the work schedule plays out and if the GunRunner is up to it by May. I may be a back-seat-driver if it's not ready or the whole tow vehicle and trailer doesn't pan out. I should have the front axle and Warn hubs rebuilt by then. I also need to do both rear axle seals and brake cylinders & shoes on the drivers side. I can't forget that awesome roll bar that needs to be welded in and painted. Any other mods I should consider? Rear locker? Fix the hard top? Deadlines are a definite motivator!

Lash

Locker!

Even though Greg doesn't believe you need one, a locker would be huge! Lock rites are cheap and easy to install. Plus they give you huge balls. If you think you can walk with them swinging between you legs then it's a great upgrade. Didn't take me long to adjust the package! Oh, We can get all of your stuff done by GSMTR easy. You work on the Truck/Trailer thing.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom