Pair of aerodynamic FZJ80s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Grench

SILVER Star
Threads
My FZJ80s with my recently installed aerodynamic mods!
Aerodynamic.jpg

That is nuts Grench—hopefully you got some good snow bogging’ in and exercised those lockers! Are you in Lincoln now? My brother in OMA needed to borrow my truck as his car was going into the body shop and is supposed to be done tomorrow so I just had him pick it up at Russ’ Friday. We had 2 full sized 4WD pickups and and my wife’s XC90 get stuck in our cul de sac yesterday. Of all the times to loan out my truck...

Are you in Lincoln now? BTW—I put the CFS radiator Russ ordered for you to good use as mine blew last month in OMA...

AC

Between 15" of snow with 3' drifts here and working full time from home, I haven't had much need to go out and about.

I'm glad that radiator found a home quickly - though I wish it had worked out to go in my truck. We ordered it then found out we had a 3 month shipping delay on it - which wasn't going to work since I was gearing up to move from Omaha to Lincoln - and pulling a 7x16 enclosed trailer back and forth with my truck to do that. My old radiator didn't blow - it was disintegrating. The fins were sloughing off of it. So, we had to get me what was available to be gotten. You got the all metal one that I wanted and I got another round of plastic tanks. So, jealous a bit.

But, yes, I'm (bacck) in Lincoln now. Long story, but I'm happy to be back living in the town I grew up in. Looking forward to when we can all socialize in person again without worrying about unintentionally killing someone's mother.

When Emjay said you needed a new radiator pronto as you were running back and forth to LNK every day I thought you got a job in Lincoln! Selfishly welcome back!

We for sure need to meet up again. I finally got the head fixed on my BJ73. Two times are a charm, at least I am good at taking a head on and off now. I have been in Costa Rica the last 2+ weeks. The amount of Landcruisers, Landrovers, Hilux trucks is crazy. Most 4x4's have a much needed snorkel.

Costa Rica is a hotbed of Rovers and Cruisers! Here are a few of my faves I saw when down there about 5 years ago;
D6C44307-2D62-48BB-8261-3B82E8DCEF86.jpeg

and this...
3A17C12B-70F9-4655-A2B1-D8028BAC3F7C.jpeg

075ECCAF-9180-4E61-9645-F014B099F362.jpeg
And this...

All the rust free 40's down there were pretty cool to see.

A friend let me borrow his 3L powered 4Runner there. Talk about fuel efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom