Paint shop recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SFROMAN

SILVER Star
Threads
any recommendations for a paint and body shop?

preferably in the vicinity of Raleigh. Maybe 30 mile radius.

also I am looking for a smaller shop. Not a huge shop that mostly does insurance claims.
I am trying to get my first gen painted so not looking for a super expensive paint job since it will still be a trail truck.

any recommendations for a paint and body shop?

preferably in the vicinity of Raleigh. Maybe 30 mile radius.

also I am looking for a smaller shop. Not a huge shop that mostly does insurance claims.
I am trying to get my first gen painted so not looking for a super expensive paint job since it will still be a trail truck.
Eventually we will paint the Cruiser. I was going to reach out to Johnson Auto Body in Knightdale. Myself and several friends used them years ago and they did great work.

Decided to just paint it myself. I already have the paint, clear, primer and everything I need to do it. going to paint my mini truck first then paint the 80 afterward.

Just for an FYI I found some real good paint on EBAY that is perfect for budget conscious paint jobs. Their gallons of paint sell for $100 and although it is a single stage it can be cleared.

The gallon of paint comes with filters, mixers, activator and hardener with a mix ratio of 4:1 you end up getting 5 quarts of sprayable paint.

I went with a dark gun metal metallic color and paid around $165 delivered. It arrived in less than 5 days.

I bought a gallon of clear off of amazon for $100 that reduces 1:1 so I will end up getting 2 gallons of sprayable clear.

the lowest quote I got from the 4 shops I went to was $4000 if they even decided to take the job, which honestly is not that bad but I didn't want to pay that for a pint job going on vehicles that will be used off road and on tight trails.

Another FYI for those with thoughts on getting a paint job or possibly doing it yourself.

I probably have around $1200 in material so far while doing the body and paint on the mini truck.

This includes:

epoxy primer
high build primer
body filler
paint
clear
tape
cleaning solution
sanding paper
plastic sheets
da sander
body tools
grinding discs
cut off wheels
POR 15

This is keeping in mind that my truck bed needed a lot of metal work. Well, it didn't need it but I wanted to cut out all the rusty parts and replace them with good sheet metal.
Another thing to keep in mind is that I bought enough material to be able to paint both my mini and my 80 so I don't feel bad about having $1200 invested so far especially if I will get two vehicles with a new paint job out of it.

Of course now I have to find the time to do the work, which has been pretty hard lately but decided to take a week off from work to try to knock out the body and paint on my mini. If all goes well I will try to knock out the body and paint on the 80 afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom