Paint exterior molding and trim? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, just bought my first LC after years of wanting one. It's a white '97 that I am maybe going to get wet sanded and touch up painted for a couple of thousand dollars. However, the detailer it saying that all the exterior plastic molding and trim is so faded and scratched that he'd recommend getting it wrapped? Anyone have any experience with this? Have any of you repainted the plastic only?

I just did the trim on my 100 series. I used plasti dip and have never had a better experience w/ regard to ease of use and outcome.

I’m not sure, probably a coulple of years. It’s not hars to remove so I would just reapply.

I have used the SEM paints for exterior trim. They have a unique property of 'flowing' very quickly, while 'flashing' quickly as well. I'm not great with rattle cans, but everything I have done comes out looking very good, and has proven more durable than anything I did with cheap rattle cans.

I just did the trim on my 100 series. I used plasti dip and have never had a better experience w/ regard to ease of use and outcome.
Did you paint the trim along the sides that goes from back of front fender to just around the back of the truck with Plasti-Dip? Any plastidip white paint matching possible? Satin/gloss/matte?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom