Paint/Body Shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hope you have some luck with this. I've posted a dozen requests for body work help and so far nothing. If you find somebody, I sure would appreciate a pm.

I am not sure if you have found anyone to talk to, but there is a little shop on highway 99 a couple miles east of Eagleville called Taylor's Colors. It looks like he does mostly bikes and custom work. Once things settle down I am going to stop by and see about having him re-do the hood and front fenders of the Deuce. It has the typical distressed hood paint job and the clear is flaking off the tops of the fenders.

I have no experience at all with him, but from what little I have learned the bigger shops are too "Insurance work" driven and don't want to take the time to deal with an odd job so finding a smaller shop is usually a better option. Plus the little guys don't have the high overhead and since they don't have huge budgets, they are more apt to do a good job as their name is pretty much what keeps them in business.

I will let you know how my experience goes. If you want to check him out here is the site Taylor's Colors

Number is 615-604-8419.

Again, I have zero experience, but from all the pictures on his website, he seems very talented.

Just had paint work done on my LX450. Very pleased with the results from Stephens Auto Body in Nashville. I'm doing a mini-resto (take back to stock and drive it) on this 80. The plastic rear bumper corners were deeply gouged/scratched, the front bumper corners were scratched and flaking, and they welded the rear wind deflector holes. I pulled all components and they painted them. Also had them polish and wax the entire truck as it was scratched badly from the woods. Didn't shop around for prices, but this shop does restorations on expensive sports cars and I was glad to have it done correctly the first time. No before and after pics, but here are the bumpers:
IMG_1939.JPG

What wind deflector? Like it never happened:
IMG_1958.JPG

bump

I know it's blasphemy, but is there a maco around?

Service Kung did my car after my deer hit, and there is a three star just down from my office. They may only do insurance work, but they turned it around pretty quick.

I've about decided the way shops are these days, I believe I could hang some plastic, buy a gun and do a decent job for most anything short of a full on resto, Especially if your still just looking to do flares and the pop-up.

Actually, Macaco in Antioch was recommended to me by a 40 guy at a MCC meet and greet. The owner up there is a really nice guy and I was going use him when I was just a planning on the hood and front fenders. I decided to invest a little more coin and go all over which was just going to be too time consuming for him, and I would rather have a custom/dedicated place for the $.

my bro in law picked up an 80 and he's added to the list... so that makes 3 80 series looking for a paint job

he said Frankenstein paint & body on hunters ln in Nashville will do it, but he batch processes a bunch of vehicles at the same time and its about a 3 month turnaround. We both daily drive our 80 and can flex some, but not 3 mos.