Overland Metric: JIS Bolt Kits & Hardware | Stainless & Carbon Steel (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where are you all buying silver zinc philips screws for the windshield hinges etc.?

Screenshot_20220103-140606.png

I went went with the Overland Metic stainless for those (could only find the zinc in gold).

Their full FJ40 kits really are great and quick delivery!

Getting close to done with my frame off and just running out of a few common sizes.

View attachment 2883213

I went went with the Overland Metic stainless for those (could only find the zinc in gold).

Their full FJ40 kits really are great and quick delivery!

Getting close to done with my frame off and just running out of a few common sizes.
Thanks. I bought their full kit as well in silver zinc and then found a plcae in SLC and had all of my original hardware re-zinced in silver. My only concern with teh stainless was whether it would match the silver zinc or look odd. Maybe I'm over thinking it and it's close enough.

This may be a stupid question, but can you get me stuff for my 70 series? I only saw 40 series on the site. Do I just get you what I’m looking for? TIA! -Daniel Kent

Just ordered a silver zinc kit to go with the yellow zinc one. In your reference list, I assume YZN is yellow zinc and SIL is silver? I appreciate how obvious that question is but just to absolutely confirm. Thanks.

This may be a stupid question, but can you get me stuff for my 70 series?

We only have 40 series kits pre-made. But you can order bulk hardware for anything you need. Let me know what sizes and qtys you need and I can work something up.

Hi Any idea when the FJ40 full yellow zink kit will be available? Website shows it out of stock as of tonight. Thanks
Hoping within 2 weeks, getting a shipment sent air freight so we can restock.

Nice looking hardware any chance you will be doing a 60 series kit

No immediate plans to add a 60 series kit. But many people just buy the 40 kit and it has worked well for other years.

This may be a stupid question, but can you get me stuff for my 70 series? I only saw 40 series on the site. Do I just get you what I’m looking for? TIA! -Daniel Kent
Not buddy, Toyota mades bolts and nuts using J.I.S standars , if need some bolt they share design, only note the lenght and type : phillips, captured washer, flathead, roundhead, etc. best regards!

@davework for the front engine bay kits for the 80 series, does it come with enough hardware for both headlights?

On the website it says it comes with 4 bolts for the headlights, which require 8 total, for both.

Thanks.

I would buy a kit for a 60....if you ever start doing them for a 60 post up in that forum.

Slightly off topic but I don’t want to open a new thread regarding fasteners. I bought some rock sliders for my gx470 and it came with silver zinc grade 8 hardware. Is it worth the money to upgrade yellow zinc grade 10? There’s two mounting plates. The front uses large diameter through bolts, but the back attachment plate only utilizes 4 m8x1.25 bolts that thread into existing threaded holes in the frame. Am I paranoid here?

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom