Overland Equipped power tray install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been casually looking for a power tray to properly mount my Bluesea fuse box to ever since Pelfreybilt, well, did what they did.

I recently stumbled upon an offering for the 4th gen 4runner from a relatively new company called Overland Equipped, based right here in Mad Max's real life Thunderdome - Portland, Oregon!

I exchanged some emails with John, the owner and placed an order. It was mentioned on the website that some minor grinding would need to be done for the 4.7L. It was nice to know going into the install and proved to be no big deal.

The hardest part of the install was undoing the set up I already had. Once I removed my old wiring, install of the bracket, including grinding took about 45 minutes. Instead of grinding the whole notch, I used a step bit, drilled a hole that I had marked by setting the bracket near in place. Once I drilled the hole, I cut the edges with an 18 TPI metal jig saw blade. A sharp metal file would do the job, but would take some time.

The instructions were easy to follow, but the installation really is very straight forward.

One tip, run a bristle brush and some penetrating oil over the threaded holes before installing the screws to clean out the road grime from the threads.

20200902_171531.jpg

20200902_171859.jpg

20200902_184330.jpg

20200902_181342.jpg

20200902_185835.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom