ONSC Chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 1900812

I don’t know why this looks so right to me. I would not mind eventually doing my 80 this way.

I found the picture in the book of faces so I’m not sure who the owner is.
I have a couple body shells that aren't really any good, I thought about trying some crazy stuff for practice and just too see how it looks. I'd like to build a 2 door 80 series, not really sure how that would work out as far as frame, driveline, etc. It would look cool though .

Its been awhile since I've been on here but I thought you guys might like this pic.
2009 Tacoma Prerunner, I just change the fluids and drive it. No issues other than a radio that tries to load CD's for no reason.
I'm hoping to get 500K out it before any major work needed. That goal may take awhile though, I don't drive as much now as I did in the past.

Its been awhile since I've been on here but I thought you guys might like this pic.
2009 Tacoma Prerunner, I just change the fluids and drive it. No issues other than a radio that tries to load CD's for no reason.
I'm hoping to get 500K out it before any major work needed. That goal may take awhile though, I don't drive as much now as I did in the past.
View attachment 1901092
Damn ,it has been awhile!

Maybe that emoji doesn’t work anymore! Haha.

watched the Bohemian Rhapsody movie couple nights ago. Pretty decent movie overall.

Squeaky steering wheel on the 80 - wanna spray something in there. Lithium grease? WD40? any concerns with the horn linkage? No airbags.

I sprayed a white lithium i believe. Or dry silicone but it was rubber/plastic safe. Theres a thread in 80s tech that mentions a few options and the target. Id just get something plastic safe. Or bring it up. Mine just started as well and needs the annual spray.

Squeaky steering wheel on the 80 - wanna spray something in there. Lithium grease? WD40? any concerns with the horn linkage? No airbags.
I think @Pacer was telling me about a pin that is the cause of the squeak and that it is still available from Toyota. Maybe he can enlighten us? All I know is that I only ever get the squeak when the temperature drops. Never done anything about it.

Wichita is a unique town . . .

I think @Pacer was telling me about a pin that is the cause of the squeak and that it is still available from Toyota. Maybe he can enlighten us? All I know is that I only ever get the squeak when the temperature drops. Never done anything about it.
Mine squeaked like hell. I pulled off the wheel and lubed the back side where the horn contact rides. I just used dielectric grease. It has been quiet for over a year now. It's one of those jobs that, if you go the extra mile and pull the wheel, you'll get good results. It's hard to get spray in where it needs to go without making a mess.

Although its cloudy right now I'm going to miss this office view.

Starting at a new appraisal firm on the 1st and my office view will now be the bums on 2nd avenue. Sucks because my current firm is moving from the 19th floor to the 63rd in April but this new job allows for more growth at a faster rate.

Starting at a new appraisal firm on the 1st and my office view will now be the bums on 2nd avenue. Sucks because my current firm is moving from the 19th floor to the 63rd in April but this new job allows for more growth at a faster rate.
Because of all the time you’ll save only going to the 2nd floor?

Mine squeaked like hell. I pulled off the wheel and lubed the back side where the horn contact rides. I just used dielectric grease. It has been quiet for over a year now. It's one of those jobs that, if you go the extra mile and pull the wheel, you'll get good results. It's hard to get spray in where it needs to go without making a mess.
I did that last time I cared. Lasted about a year. Not such a big deal on a non-airbag model but I think my luck is about out regarding removing, and not setting the airbag, the wheel on the others. Anyway, I only have to be concerned about the noise when it starts on Sarah’s truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom