On to the next one - 2015 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've posted in the past, but not past year. Life has been busy with active kids and a new job. I have been living the good life with my 2010 LX570 for the last 3 years... Then the bug bit again.

I purchased my 2010 LX570 with 110k on the odometer in 2015. It appeared to have a clean carfax, 1 owner, Lexus service records, etc. I changed the factory 20" wheels to TLC 18's, Yokohama Geolander G105s, and baselined the vehicle extensively. From the excellent service records I could tell what service had been performed, refused or postponed, and so on. I had a clear understanding of this vehicle. Or so I thought. I came to find out a couple years after owning my LX that accidents from the previous owner all of a sudden showed up on the car fax. I did not know about these when I purchased the vehicle. Not sure the dealer that I purchased this vehicle from did either.

So I got anxious and starting looking. I stumbled across a 2015 LX570 and 2013 LC at two local auto dealers in my home town, both in the same week. I check both vehicles out. The 2013 LC was very tempting, but I got to see the vehicle at the dealer lot before reconditioning. It had 69k miles, which seemed OK. It was white with back interior - check, check. The dealer cautioned me that it was out back and not yet reconditioned. Wow, what a mess! This rig apparently hauled horses, dogs, hay, and looked like a dust bomb exploded inside the truck. It had been used as a towing vehicle, missing service records, and judging by the sad state of the interior, I decided that this truck was not for me. On to the LX.

I have loved my 2010 LX570. AHC is really one of the most impressive features of this vehicle. I am amazed by what other mudders have achieved with the LC 200 platform, but I was never going to rock crawl my truck. I just need something I can take down challenging forestry & logging roads in the PNW, capable of climbing snowed out mountain passes in the winter, haul skis and mountain bikes, car pool to Seattle for lacrosse, etc. The LX and its very capable AHC was an adequate tool for these requirements.

So I check out the 2015 LX 570. Clean, well cared for, all the service records from a Lexus dealership in TX. 50k miles on the clock. Lease return, single owner. Never removed the tow hitch. Never anything installed on the roof rack. Clean vehicle. Black exterior, black interior. Pulled the trigger. The dealer agreed to furnish new tires (will go with the yokohama geolanders on the 20" wheels). Really just need a little extra tire for snow, mud, gravel - no serious offloading (yet).

IMG_2261.jpg

Impressions so Far

This vehicle is amazing similar to the 2010. Besides the 2015 face lift (which I like), and the 20" factory wheels, it looks identical. Actually, it kinda is. Nothing wrong with the looks.

Amazingly, my 2010 LX rode as smoothly and composed as the newer 2015 with 100k less miles. There were a few more noises in the 2010 LX, mostly coming from the rear seats rattling ever so slightly, but this newer 2015 is dead quiet. My biggest impression is actually how well the 2010 with 158k miles drove. Not much difference compared to the 2015 LX.

I like the updated crawl modes, and 4LO traction modes, and tight turning mode.

I love that this 2015 has radar cruise control.

The ventilated seats blow stronger, and the heated seats are warmer than the 2010 LX.

The heated steering wheel is a nice upgrade over the 2010 LX.

I drove 1,000 miles already in 4 days.

What can I say, I'm in love all over again!

Last edited:
more pics to come...

pm sent

Enjoy the new truck!

Pinstripe bonus!!

Yah. Pinstriped. Was thinking of removing this if possible. May also black out some of the chrome.

Yah. Pinstriped. Was thinking of removing this if possible. May also black out some of the chrome.

I am interested in your thoughts on blacking out the chrome. To me it is the most unattractive part of the 200 build.

I would like to get rid of that look.

Diirto! Wrap or dip, thats the question (as far as i can tell.). Love the truck, not so much the chrome. Dealer added the pinstripe in TX. Would love to delete this too if it can be done without harming the paint.

Chipster sent you a pm on your old LX, don't know if you have seen it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom