Off Road Newbie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Complete offroad newbie here looking for places/opportunities to take my 2001 100 series offroad to get the feel of things. Not looking to do anything crazy at first. I'm in Kingwood and have just done google searches as of now. Looks like Creekside in Splendora and General Sam's in Huntsville may be candidates. Anyone have experience at these places or any other?

Complete offroad newbie here looking for places/opportunities to take my 2001 100 series offroad to get the feel of things. Not looking to do anything crazy at first. I'm in Kingwood and have just done google searches as of now. Looks like Creekside in Splendora and General Sam's in Huntsville may be candidates. Anyone have experience at these places or any other?
Noticed your post here so I’ll weigh in. I’m not a mud guy (thus my affinity for this site), preferring instead to go wheeling in the hill country or the Rockies when I get the chance. I recommend starting on the rough roads in the local national forests. Get a feel for that and handling then move up. Bring good recovery gear and get an updated map from the USFS and go explore. There’s plenty to explore around East Texas and the beaches. Observe the signs, etc.
I’ve also seen a post about a place near CSTX, looks interesting…
Post in thread '200 series picture thread'
200 series picture thread - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/200-series-picture-thread.257436/post-14115060
See ya around!

Hidden Falls Adventure park outside of Austin is a good place and they rate the trails so you can plan accordingly. Also, you can drive on the beaches in TX, check out Surfside, Bolivar or San Luis Pass (south of Galveston).

Hidden Falls Adventure park outside of Austin is a good place and they rate the trails so you can plan accordingly. Also, you can drive on the beaches in TX, check out Surfside, Bolivar or San Luis Pass (south of Galveston).

San Luis pass is definitely a great way to get your feet wet when it comes to sand. It's definitely deep sand and not the easiest. But it's a blast.

San Luis pass is definitely a great way to get your feet wet when it comes to sand. It's definitely deep sand and not the easiest. But it's a blast.
Is there any particular place we need to go, or do you just drive on to the beach wherever you can?

Right before you get to the bridge there's a place that veers off. You can't miss it. A little while after Jamaica beach

Just ran across this website. FWIW, it’s new to me, and seemed relevant to this post. I spot-checked a couple routes that I am familiar with in Montgomery County TX and a few other locales, seems right to me. Enjoy…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom