Off road Camping options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
I'll be out of town most of June / July but I'd like to do some car camping in my 60 this summer (maybe late July / Aug) and looking for some good options that aren't too far from PDX (maybe within 100-150 mile perimeter?). I don't mind doing some off road driving either but don't want any trails that are too technical (rock crawling / spotting, etc).
Can anyone provide any local recommendations for some nice / quiet / off road camping sites?
If you can point me in the direction of any recommended websites or locations, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!
mike

Hi Mike-

Do you have the iOverlander app? Lot's of camping suggestions there. Within 150 mile of Portland there must be thousands of places. Hit a forest service road and explore. Be sure to let us know what you find!

Are you OK with primitive sites i.e. without potable water or bathroom? If so, all throughout the Mt Hood and Willamette NF are good spots. There are two books titled Camp Free with meticulously catalogued info and maps.

You should definitely check out the RoadTrippers app. It has everything cool including campsites , abandoned places to explore, funky places, restaurants, etc, etc. I used it on a cross country motorcycle trip years back and used it daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom