OEM fog lights not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok Mudders -
I am at a loss and could REALLY use a bit of help/direction please.

2004 SR5 2WD - bought used in 2011 with 92kfor my Dad to use. Just got it back earlier this month (140k) and am sorting through his lack of maintenance. One nagging issue is the fog lights to not come on.
~ I recognize that the low beams need to be on before you can turn on the fogs.

With OEM headlight switch (worn almost off headlight icon) all other functions are fine.

So far I have:
1. Replaced the fog bulbs
2. Swapped out the under hood fog light relay with a new from AMZN
3. Changed out the headlight combo switch with one from eBay.

As far as the current status of the truck:
My tach also reads zero at all times and there is no display on the miles to empty. I can’t see why either is related to the fogs but I am definitely not an automotive or electrical engineer.

My Dad complained that he was getting water on his rug and put black RTV (or other sealant) along the top quarter-driver side all the way down the drivers side of the windshield and a few inches along the lower side of the windshield.

The kick panel fuse block does not show any corrosion, nor does the main under hood fuse/relay panel.

Any and all direction and counsel would be most appreciated. Thanks very much!!!

Get your $5 volt meter, turn the fog lights on, and see if you got power to the connector where the bulb goes to. If so, try reseating the bulb. I've had issues with mine disconnecting until I realized I had to push it in farther to hear another click.

Gitcha
Thanks I will try that tonight after work.

Cleaned up the grounds and started from the new headlight switch. Minifuse #8 passed the Fluke continuity test but looked sketchy. I swapped that out with a new 15A. Fog lights now work! Thanks @Day0fReckoning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom