Obsolete Hypertherm 800 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a power max 800 with a broken air regulator only to find out that is obsolete??? And parts no longer available 😭 does anyone have any contacts for someone who may peddle in used ( or new) Hypertherm parts?? Would be grateful for help I can’t scrap this thing!!

My Hypertherm 1250 air regulator developed a annoying internal leak. I searched the part number on the regulator itself and found an exact match for under $14.00 new on eBay. Hypertherm wanted over $150 for the same part.

2DDA8EEE-9215-45A4-825B-2A00DD7F6916.jpeg

55D02668-BCD3-4764-9939-CC48A377DECC.jpeg

3CE3C156-A904-4696-BD0A-522E21E64E5E.jpeg

Do a comprehensive search on the P/N and you might be surprised. Worst case, you use an external and make modifications.

I did a quick search on the Hypertherm 800 air regulator 0-125psi 1/8" FPT .
Part Number 011073.
Hypertherm 011073

ball is in your court..... There out there.

Part Number 011073.
Hypertherm 011073

Part Number 011073.
Hypertherm 011073

Thanks for your info!! I’m not a computer guru but I’ve been trying to search that part # and been coming up with the same dead end. Any good sites that you know of??

I really think most regulators 0-125 Psig 1/8FPT will work for you. You'll need to set up the new regulator with your old fittings and plug one port (plugs usually included). The main thing is to make sure the mounting threads are the same size where it mounts through the face panel. If you remove your old regulator you'll understand how it's mounted. The air pressure adjustment knob will need to come off to access the large mounting nut.
You won't use the gauge if included but will utilize this port for the gauge on the plasma unit. Most regulators have four ports, One for air in (unregulated) and two for gauges (one gets plugged) and the last port for regulated air. The two options for gauges are for configuration purposes depending on what side the supply side is on. Clear as MUD????

Take photos of your setup prior to disassembrly then study it and it will make complete sense to you. I really believe Hypertherm used a "off the shelf" simple regulator with a specification of 0-125 psig with 1/8" FPT threads. Also your post really didn't explain the "Broken regulator". Is it leaking or what? You should look at your "push fittings" to make sure that's not the problem. These fitting are very common and used in Pneudraulics applications. If I'm replacing these types of fitting I use Parker metal/brass fittings vs the cheaper plastic ones found in these units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom