November 20th Work Day, This Saturday - cancelled for FS folks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone – I want to thank you all that came for the October 23rd. We had a great group of volunteers and we had plenty there to break into our two groups to work with Kyle & me. We were able to get about ¾ of the projects completed. Good news is that on Nov. 6th Kyle worked with 3 volunteers that needed to get some hours done before December and they were able to finish the site F on the Rocky Mt Loop Trail that my group worked on in October. Now if we could keep people on the trails we could all enjoy them a lot more, right?

This Saturday, November 20th I’m cancelling the official OHV work day for FS employees to be there to work with the volunteers. Unfortunately, some medical issues have come up for 3 of us so we’re not able to be there with you in person to work on anymore barricading or more physically demanding projects. So if you’re going to be on the OHV Trails this weekend as a group or individual and you feel inclined to help out one big help would be to continue to pick-up trash, cut back any overhanging bushes/ branches, clear off any fallen branches/large limbs that are on the trails or blocking the tail ditches. Additionally, if you have your shovels with you and you see any tail ditches that are blocked off and the water is staying on the trail tread, please dig a trench through the berm / rut so the water can flow off the trail and we don’t have people mudding out the trail too back that we can’t really maintain them.

If you do volunteer please email me a list of your hours, what you did and who was all with you. I really appreciate it. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. Remember that the OHV Trails will be closing on Wednesday, December 15th. Bye - Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom