Not mine, but supposed 2016 Land Cruiser Double Cab Pickup for sale... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saw Quad Cabs are all over the place in Northern Nica where there's rich coffee farmers. I wouldn't be able to afford one new - so you can imagine poorer countries. If you have $100k to burn AND will only use the truck off-highway, call Miller. They will gladly hook you up.

I forgot about this thread and the for sale ads. I remember when the Ebay auctions were going, came here and found this thread. No wonder I forgot all about it! Hahaha!

Ya and they are not that expensive down here, Nicaragua anyways. $25-30k gets you in one there, double cab that is, 1HZ engine though and used. Panama has got a few with the v8 TD, $56k gets ya that and brand new truck. Costa Rica has them as well but $40+k with the 1HZ and single cab, used truck. CR is just expensive any way you slice it. Wagons are also down here, I have seen about $30k for low end price on one in CR, a 2010 with 45,000km's and one in Panama, both I believe with the 1HZ but they are real deal 79-series wagons. Hardly any v8 TD's I seen down here, maybe the CR police forces have them. They do run both the 79 wagon and pickups but I didn't notice if they had the v8 TD. 1HZ is pretty common down here in all the "farm trucks" and with many of the municipalities. Tons upon tons of 70-series in Guatemala as well as in other CA countries. Hard to come by 25yr old 75's down here with the 1HZ, good ones are few and far between, I am on the look out though! 1992 is importable now. Troopies from this same time is even harder to find. Only gets better though as each year clicks off! ;)

Some interesting discussion in this thread even with all the flaming. I have done a lot of research myself back in the day on importing, heard all the info before, imported two 25yr old trucks myself years ago and it is possible to bring in newer than 25yrs old, $10k discussed in this thread, I have heard it is upwards of 5+ times that.

FYI, any tourist can buy a truck in Nicaragua or Panama. On your 90-tourist visa. You can register it and license it in your name as well down here. Pretty sure it is the same in CR, unsure on Guatemala but likely the same thing. No idea on El Salvador or Honduras, wouldn't be surprised if it is the same though. I can drive from Guatemala to the USA in 2-3 days easy. If you never plate, register and title it in the USA who cares!? Ahhh ya, loophole #99, travel back and forth from such and such Central American country for a month or so every 11 months. Tell ya what, I can easily find ya a double cab 79-series with the 1HZ for a small finders fee or a 79-series wagon. The rest and you are on your own! HAHAHA!

Oh ya, I am in Latin America and have been since January. :)

Cheers

You suck, Ian. But we love ya. :)

I forgot about this thread and the for sale ads. I remember when the Ebay auctions were going, came here and found this thread. No wonder I forgot all about it! Hahaha!

Ya and they are not that expensive down here, Nicaragua anyways. $25-30k gets you in one there, double cab that is, 1HZ engine though and used. Panama has got a few with the v8 TD, $56k gets ya that and brand new truck. Costa Rica has them as well but $40+k with the 1HZ and single cab, used truck. CR is just expensive any way you slice it. Wagons are also down here, I have seen about $30k for low end price on one in CR, a 2010 with 45,000km's and one in Panama, both I believe with the 1HZ but they are real deal 79-series wagons. Hardly any v8 TD's I seen down here, maybe the CR police forces have them. They do run both the 79 wagon and pickups but I didn't notice if they had the v8 TD. 1HZ is pretty common down here in all the "farm trucks" and with many of the municipalities. Tons upon tons of 70-series in Guatemala as well as in other CA countries. Hard to come by 25yr old 75's down here with the 1HZ, good ones are few and far between, I am on the look out though! 1992 is importable now. Troopies from this same time is even harder to find. Only gets better though as each year clicks off! ;)

Some interesting discussion in this thread even with all the flaming. I have done a lot of research myself back in the day on importing, heard all the info before, imported two 25yr old trucks myself years ago and it is possible to bring in newer than 25yrs old, $10k discussed in this thread, I have heard it is upwards of 5+ times that.

FYI, any tourist can buy a truck in Nicaragua or Panama. On your 90-tourist visa. You can register it and license it in your name as well down here. Pretty sure it is the same in CR, unsure on Guatemala but likely the same thing. No idea on El Salvador or Honduras, wouldn't be surprised if it is the same though. I can drive from Guatemala to the USA in 2-3 days easy. If you never plate, register and title it in the USA who cares!? Ahhh ya, loophole #99, travel back and forth from such and such Central American country for a month or so every 11 months. Tell ya what, I can easily find ya a double cab 79-series with the 1HZ for a small finders fee or a 79-series wagon. The rest and you are on your own! HAHAHA!

Oh ya, I am in Latin America and have been since January. :)

Cheers

Wow. Just read the whole thing. What a rollercoaster. I laughed. I cried. Didn't see the twist (Papp #2) coming.

I actually called him up the other day, seemed like a nice guy? I told him there's a lot of speculation as to the legitimacy of this... He assured me the trucks are to arrive end March and we will be seeing pictures on top of Pikes Peak... I'll believe when I see it.

LlbpGHq.jpg

Yeah but he/she apparently lived elsewhere besides the US from what I got out of it (unless I'm missing something), the first thing it says on the page is:

"Some of the Land Cruisers & other Toyotas I have owned at one point or another in one country or another."

His photos were taken in the US
We must find out their secrets and share them with the IH8MUD community (I'm sincerely serious about this). I'm curious if they are stateside and if they are actually being driven legally? Also, I know this thread is crazy long now, but I have a feeling that it's asking to be killed like the half chicken/human hybrid from the South Park episode making fun of PETA.

Reviving an older discussion from this legend of a thread. I can confirm photos are in fact taken stateside.

The seller may have imported them for product fitment and display . Somehow got them titled...but I think it's all BS.

I live in El Salvador part time , what RMP&O states is true.

Nice troopys are almost impossible to find of any age In El Salvador . 99.9% are either government owned or Donated to to NGO's... ie red cross and hospitals . They drive them into the ground and sell them for scrap a couple times a year from what I have been told by a land cruiser wrecking yard owner. For several years I have been trying to find one for sale on the civilian market there. No luck yet.

I finally broke down and bought a super clean rj70 there a couple years ago and daily drive it. They all know what the values are there now due to the internet. They also can no longer import cars over 8 years old or rhd ,so that makes them even more expensive . It's a bizarre market in CA for sure.

The seller may have imported them for product fitment and display . Somehow got them titled...but I think it's all BS.

I live in El Salvador part time , what RMP&O states is true.

Nice troopys are almost impossible to find of any age In El Salvador . 99.9% are either government owned or Donated to to NGO's... ie red cross and hospitals . They drive them into the ground and sell them for scrap a couple times a year from what I have been told by a land cruiser wrecking yard owner. For several years I have been trying to find one for sale on the civilian market there. No luck yet.

I finally broke down and bought a super clean rj70 there a couple years ago and daily drive it. They all know what the values are there now due to the internet. They also can no longer import cars over 8 years old or rhd ,so that makes them even more expensive . It's a bizarre market in CA for sure.

I know where two troopies are for sale right now but they are not in El Salvador and they are not 25yrs old. One is a 97 and the other is a 2004, the 04 is mint. I know where many many pickups are for sale as well but again not 25yrs old. Oh ya I also know of another troopy that is in S. America not CA that is 25yrs old but it is a gasser and doesn't look worth my time.

You are right about the internet and Cruisers. Cat is out of the bag for over 10yrs now. Flippers are a dime a dozen these days and most know jack all about Cruisers or cars in general they are just trying to get rich.

I could very easily buy a double cab pickup and drive it into the states tomorrow. Take it to my friends house and slap some plates on it off his Chevy pickup and take pics and spam cheesy for sale ads all over eBay. Big deal, not a legal truck, not to mention lame and scam artist BS.

Think about it, how many people drive across the borders daily from Canada and Mexico? I have driven across from Mexico a bunch of times and all they care about is if I fit the drug smuggling profile. Once I got the x-ray and dogs on my trucks for 4 hours. I had nothing, they found nothing and off I went. The borders don't mess with vehicle imports, it is not really their job, that is customs job. All I guy would have to say in his Costa Rican plated double cab Cruiser truck is I own a hotel in Costa Rica and am coming home to pay taxes and you would hardly get checked at all. LOL

Cheers

Last edited:
I know where two troopies are for sale right now but they are not in El Salvador and they are not 25yrs old. One is a 97 and the other is a 2004, the 04 is mint. I know where many many pickups are for sale as well but again not 25yrs old. Oh ya I also know of another troopy that is in S. America not CA that is 25yrs old but it is a gasser and doesn't look worth my time.

You are right about the internet and Cruisers. Cat is out of the bag for over 10yrs now. Flippers are a dime a dozen these days and most know jack all about Cruisers or cars in general they are just trying to get rich.

I could very easily buy a double cab pickup and drive it into the states tomorrow. Take it to my friends house and slap some plates on it off his Chevy pickup and take pics and spam cheesy for sale ads all over eBay. Big deal, not a legal truck, not to mention lame and scam artist BS.

Think about it, how many people drive across the borders daily from Canada and Mexico? I have driven across from Mexico a bunch of times and all they care about is if I fit the drug smuggling profile. Once I got the x-ray and dogs on my trucks for 4 hours. I had nothing, they found nothing and off I went. The borders don't mess with vehicle imports, it is not really their job, that is customs job. All I guy would have to say in his Costa Rican plated double cab Cruiser truck is I own a hotel in Costa Rica and am coming home to pay taxes and you would hardly get checked at all. LOL

Cheers

Yup, that easy to do...that easy to have all those trucks confiscated also. I know they were cracking down in the defender guys awhile back. Speaking of defenders , have you seen the prices of those rigs lately ? Tripled in price since 2011/12. I could of bought a lhd 1993 defender 90 diesel in El Salvador two years ago for 19k. Not that I wanted it ....I figured they would keep dropping price since the 25 year rule was now in full swing ...but no Land Rover throws a boomerang in the idea and stops production of all defenders as we have known them our whole lives. Didn't see that coming.

@mikeshomeworks I would like to buy the truck from you. I can pay cash and meet you tomorrow to finalize the deal.

1000000_bill_0_1437034910.jpg

All --

If you are reading this message, I assume you have either participated in this IH8MUD L79 America thread or are interested in the Toyota LandCruiser 70 Series. LC America (formerly L79 America), based in Colorado Springs, Colorado, is importing 2017 VDJ79L 4.5L TD that we bring into compliance with ALL APPLICABLE US LAWS related to EPA Emissions and DOT/NHTSA Safety so that they are suitable for LEGAL resale here in the US / North America. If you are interested in following our progress from here on out, I would recommend that you please visit our web page at www.LC-America.com. We are in the process of updating our website to reflect our name change – put in place to highlight our intent to expand on our initial sales efforts to include additional LC70 Series models – and our content to better reflect our current vehicle offerings, options and pricing. I would also encourage anyone with questions -- or entrepreneur interested in supporting this effort -- to reach out to me directly -- John Papp, CEO LC America – at your convenience at the email address and / or phone number below. I am always here to talk.

Email: CEO@l79-America.com
Phone: (719) 660-8266

Thanks!

John.

John L. Papp Jr.
Sr. Project Manager – LC America – www.LC-America.com

Phone: +1 719-660-8266 | E-mail: CEO@LC-America.com | LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnpapp

lc-america-logo-jpeg.1476916

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom