No more depo headlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just saw the depos come back on ebay for $279. I tried to place an order but apparently I've been blocked from ordering from neon dials. Maybe because I asked too many questions and brought up fitment issues between the different years? Pretty douchey. The guy jacks the price through the roof like no more exist and then does exactly as I predicted and dropped more in the market. I may just be going with the quad headlight look after all. I'd ather have toyota quality quad lights than Chepos anyway, I've had several pairs in the past for different vehicles and none have been worth a crap.

Last edited:
There's a guy posting in the Australian 80 series group on facebook about ADR-compliant (Aussie version of DOT) LED headlight inserts that use Cree's. I don't know how they are compliant although the website states they are but doesn't seem to indicate if they have the correct optical 'cut' for RHD use. There has also been H4 led lamp replacements from a place called Stedi.

Price has dropped (1,239.00 to 279.00) and inventory count is up for the Neondials listing:

DEPO EURO SPEC Headlights FIT FOR 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 636676411057 | eBay

I don't know any backstory or have any idea what's going on but thought I'd share the update.

I ordered a set last Wednesday. I got them Friday. Couldn't open box until today (out of town). I now have a set of depo headlights.
He still shows 9 available. I guess he found a secret stash?

Now they're only $3,300, what a deal! Couldn't find any cheap ones when I needed a new driver headlight a few months back. Ended up with a pretty alright deal on a good looking oem with only one tab broken. Still dreaming of depo's or something with glass lenses. I have a set of the black, one piece halo lights out in the garage wired with hir or hid (don't remember which) but decided to go back to a more stock setup. If I can find a set of depo's in the $175-200ish range I'd be all over them.

Now they're only $3,300, what a deal! Couldn't find any cheap ones when I needed a new driver headlight a few months back. Ended up with a pretty alright deal on a good looking oem with only one tab broken. Still dreaming of depo's or something with glass lenses. I have a set of the black, one piece halo lights out in the garage wired with hir or hid (don't remember which) but decided to go back to a more stock setup. If I can find a set of depo's in the $175-200ish range I'd be all over them.
I jumped on these ones. They were a bit more than $200 though.

Wow. Should have bought a spare set last week. Even though these might eventually sell or drop in price only to be replaced with more.

IMG_1384.PNG

If he wants to act that way, has anyone seen a set of these up close?

TOYOTA LAND CRUISER FJ 80 1990-1994 1995 1996 1997 HEADLIGHTS LPTO27 | eBay

I KNOW that they are chachi, but if we don’t wire up the angel eyes part - I wonder if these are an affordable solution?

Or is the build quality just craptastic and they’re a total waste no matter what you think of the style?

I’m betting the lense is plastic and not glass, but for a couple hundo vs some ~$3300.
(clearly the dude doesn’t know how cheap us LC owners are, hahahahahahah!!!!!!!!)

(IDK, just trying to help you guys - I have a set of new Depos with the projector retrofit from when that one guy was doing them as a finished product, still haven’t installed).

Been looking at them but decided on the round 7" headlighth conversion, opens up plenty of options in the lighting department.

he has more - just ordered a set.... seems hit and miss but glad to snag them.

cheers

I KNOW that they are chachi, but if we don’t wire up the angel eyes part - I wonder if these are an affordable solution?

Or is the build quality just craptastic and they’re a total waste no matter what you think of the style?

I’m betting the lense is plastic and not glass, but for a couple hundo vs some ~$3300.
(clearly the dude doesn’t know how cheap us LC owners are, hahahahahahah!!!!!!!!)

(IDK, just trying to help you guys - I have a set of new Depos with the projector retrofit from when that one guy was doing them as a finished product, still haven’t installed).

You should really get those installed and start enjoying them, mine are amazing.

That $3,000 price is price gouging. That's so messed up!

For that much I can fly to Taiwan where they are made, stay a week - eat, drink, sightsee and still bring back a few sets for you guys to sell at the old price....

I think they look cool. Not a big deal if they are plastic, that's why they make headlight polishing kits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom