News! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Filling at my local station on the weekend. WTF? :mad::mad::mad:

1701714331885.png

New guy at work spent of his working life in a refinery and claims it is truth that the making of diesel is far cheaper and less additives than gas, I remember in the early 1989 being around 25 cents a liter.
Middle class getting it up the butt again, when will the shrinkflation ever end. Costco eggs are half the size they use to be, swear the cooked chickens are smaller, donut at Tim Hortons is half the size it use to be.

Dear Saanich, thank-you again this year for religiously brining all our roads every day that temps approach freezing. Amazing your dedication even though the roads are dry as a bone! Best be safe and have no chance of liability for any of our multitude of daft disconnected drivers and their daily driving idiocy.

My Landcruiser bears the pain of its resultant numerous cancererous lesions like a champ.

Filling at my local station on the weekend. WTF? :mad::mad::mad:

View attachment 3498641
It was 1.44$ in Nanoose. 88 cents in Panama

600 liters... WTF

I live probably 300m from the leak source house. I first smelled it a couple days before finally calling it in. How the fack did the people at origin of the leak not clue in sooner from the strong smell right at their house? Closest house to the water of all houses around the lake. At this time of year the water is deep right in their back yard.

Last edited:
That's going to be an expensive claim with all the cleanup. I'm sure the insurance company is already examining their weasel clauses.

When we moved to our current house it had an oil furnace, insurance company didn't want to let us use it.

It wasn't fear of burning the house down, it was fear of leaks. Told them we were more likely to spill some emptying the tank that was already full than just using it up, and they let us use it until it was empty.

Refilling that tank wasn't something I'd planned on doing anyways.

Speaking of insurance, we were looking into changing who our house is insured through.
After 8 billion questions and photos, a company denied us because I don't have a dust collector on my table saw.

Seriously? A dust collector doesn't make a table saw safer, it just makes the air around it more lung friendly. :rolleyes:

Became pretty clear the person asking the questions had no clue.

That's going to be an expensive claim with all the cleanup. I'm sure the insurance company is already examining their weasel clauses.

When we moved to our current house it had an oil furnace, insurance company didn't want to let us use it.

It wasn't fear of burning the house down, it was fear of leaks. Told them we were more likely to spill some emptying the tank that was already full than just using it up, and they let us use it until it was empty.

Refilling that tank wasn't something I'd planned on doing anyways.

Speaking of insurance, we were looking into changing who our house is insured through.
After 8 billion questions and photos, a company denied us because I don't have a dust collector on my table saw.

Seriously? A dust collector doesn't make a table saw safer, it just makes the air around it more lung friendly. :rolleyes:

Became pretty clear the person asking the questions had no clue.

Yeah, I was wondering about insurance. I doubt the tenants have any to be honest. It's on the homeowner (who I hear is our municipality....more tax; we all pay, yay!).

We've had the same experiences with insurance. My house had an oil boiler when I bought it, and I went through same process as you before switching to electric boiler.

Also the same problems looking at other insurers. The stupid crap....ugh! So still with the one we've been using for years now.

Yeah, I was wondering about insurance. I doubt the tenants have any to be honest. It's on the homeowner (who I hear is our municipality....more tax; we all pay, yay!).

We've had the same experiences with insurance. My house had an oil boiler when I bought it, and I went through same process as you before switching to electric boiler.

Also the same problems looking at other insurers. The stupid crap....ugh! So still with the one we've been using for years now.
Yeah, all that fun with insurance and you know that if anything worthy of a claim happens they won't pay anyways.

But they'll still happily take our money every year.

Part of the reason to change for us is because we moved in on canada day, our taxes and insurance are all due the same month. So if we could move the insurance to be 6 months opposite, that'd be nice.

Current insurance company can't do that. Because it's paid by the year.

I know ******* well it's just a box they tick on a form, but they will not move the billing date...because it's paid by the year. :bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom