New Upholstery - Maybe not for Everyone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got my seats back! I debated long and hard on the upholstery. I typically like to keep things stock looking, but decided some retro plaid might look cool in the pig. I tried to replicate the stock stitching pattern at least. Doesn't look it in the pic, but the blue and white in the plaid is near perfect match to the paint.

The upholsterer took some liberties with my headrests which i don't love, i had asked him to do all vinyl - but they are growing on me. Seats are much more comfortable than they used to be and I'm stoked to have it back on the road. Hopefully it wears well as I plan to use it. Door panels, sound system, and finishing up the wiring on all the goodies like spots, reverse lights, winch, led domes, etc next on the list. But at least I can drive it now while I work on those things.

IMG-1541.jpg
IMG-1540.jpg

Hey man - that is popping!

Nothing like new paint and new upholstery to make your Pig look great! And then you feel better about all the blood, sweat and tears you have put into your Pig. Aad then you have a little more pep in your step when you see your Pig!

That is a bold look for your Pig. I am sure some will love it and some will hate it. As long as you love it, who cares what others think!

Just remember, opinions are like buttholes; everyone has one and they usually stink...

I like it! Brings back memories of some jammies I had. :) Is the plaid a cloth material? I'm really thinking of getting rid of some of the leather in my seats, too hot.

Those are nice quiet colors for a plaid and work great for the wagon, I'm not real sure what "nice quiet colors" actually means, but thought it made me sound hip. 🤷‍♂️

I’ve seen a few retro builds with the plaid and have actually shown :princess: on a few occasions, if I can’t find a vinyl we like my bench’s may go plaid too.

Finally got my seats back! I debated long and hard on the upholstery. I typically like to keep things stock looking, but decided some retro plaid might look cool in the pig. I tried to replicate the stock stitching pattern at least. Doesn't look it in the pic, but the blue and white in the plaid is near perfect match to the paint.

The upholsterer took some liberties with my headrests which i don't love, i had asked him to do all vinyl - but they are growing on me. Seats are much more comfortable than they used to be and I'm stoked to have it back on the road. Hopefully it wears well as I plan to use it. Door panels, sound system, and finishing up the wiring on all the goodies like spots, reverse lights, winch, led domes, etc next on the list. But at least I can drive it now while I work on those things.

View attachment 2413395View attachment 2413396n others confidence!
trend setter- now that you have stepped out, you've given other courage!

Those are nice quiet colors for a plaid and work great for the wagon, I'm not real sure what "nice quiet colors" actually means, but thought it made me sound hip. 🤷‍♂️

I think it means you are ready for your own interior decorating show...

You could review interiors of Pigs, “Would you just look at that!”

Thanks guys, I was hesitant when I pulled the trigger but far I really like it.
@scrapdaddy - it’s actually a wool material I ordered from Scotland. They use it for Kilts and such. I had vinyl before and it was much too hot, this breathes a lot better. I almost did a Porsche plaid but colors were too bright and I didn’t want it to look like a show truck. Now I want to get rid of the vinyl in my 40.

I kinda wished I’d have gotten some bucket seats for the front but my little girl was stoked on the 55 because she can ride in the middle.

@PabloCruise the seatbelt location was stock in 79 I think? I didn’t add, that’s where the seatbelts where when I bought it and the belt looked to be stock. The location doesn’t bother me as much as the new belts do, always hard to pull out and don’t always retract. Anyone had excellent luck with an aftermarket seatbelt brand?

Last edited:
That's even a cool story to go with it.

Wish I could say I bought while in Scotland, but I didn’t plan that far ahead. I have a little Scottish Lineage, but unfortunately the Clan plaid from my family line would have looked terrible in the 55.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom