NEW SUSPENSION GX470! What do you think? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay so I have a factory suspension and yesterday I purchased:

Bilstein 5100 front & rear with new bushings
Metal tech 4x4 factory height front springs
Metal tech 4x4 stage 3 rear coil conversion kit factory height

I didn't want to lift the truck but I wanted to delete the air bags and replace my factory shocks since they were starting to leak.

What kind of ride should I expect with this new setup? Will it be smoother than factory? I realize I will lose the height adjustment and front shock tuning and I am okay with that. I was just wondering if it will be as smooth as before or better. I always kept it in the comfort setting.

Thanks

My opinion only, but unless your stock airbags were blown and you were riding on the stops, nothing will ever be as “smooth” as the stock system.
What you can expect is a firmer, more controlled ride. Cornering should be flatter with less sway. Bumps won’t be ”soaked up” as much, but will be taken in a very controlled and solid way, if that makes sense.
The freeway ride, as long as it’s good pavement, will be as good as before.
Enjoy

What you can expect is a firmer, more controlled ride. Cornering should be flatter with less sway.

Does this still apply if I do a 2" lift? I am looking into the Icon Stage 2 System

Sorry but nobody can answer this well. I dont know how your butt is going to feel going over a bump. I have a OME lift and love the ride. But I am used to trucks and jeeps and am 50 years old with lower back issues from years of body abuse.
It wont be soft and gushy. A stage 3 is defenately going to be stiff. The air bag system with 160k mile shocks are going to be sloppy compaired to brand new springs and shocks.
I agree with the words firm, controled, and anti sway. But I think mine is much smoother than stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom