New Owner Questions - 2011 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 2011 LX570, 88K miles and I so far love it. I am doing my best to STF, but am still learning the right lingo and search terminology. I have a couple of new owner questions.

1. Nav-delete, stereo options - It appears there is no Nav-delete like there is on the LX470's? I know there is the Tesla style, which I have no interest in. The vline doesn't really interest me either. I think I am out of luck, but just want to double check.

2. NAV update. I have map version 10.1 Can't seem to find out if that is the latest. Also, any place I can get that without going to the dealer?

3. most of my "wood trim" has cracked and delaminated (only real flaw on the car) I have found a couple of "dash kits" for it. Anyone have any experience with one over another? My preference would be swap it all out for brushed aluminum (I live in AZ) but dont see that option anywhere.

4. When I have my phone connected via BT and hit the green phone pickup on the touch screen or that button on the steering wheel, it ends the call immediately. What am I missing?

5. It always defaults to nav mode on the screen. Anyway to keep it on audio for example?

6. Any other cool little tips or tricks I should know?

Thank you in advance!

Welcome to Mud! I can't help with the Lexus specific questions, but I've had good experiences in a couple of vehicles with this place for wood dash trim replacement.

5- Under the menu options deep in the nav screen, there is a setting for "revert to Map" after a certain amount of time. You want to turn that off.

I would have your trim wrapped by a shop. They can vinyl wrap it in aluminum and it will look great.

A cautionary tale regarding map updates. About 3 years ago I got the dealership to update the Nav on my 08 - that was not a good decision. Somehow the upgrade did not go well, and I began getting multiple errors on navigation. We had done multiple cross-country trips with the original maps with zero issues. After the upgrade, the routing was often faulty and became so unreliable, that we frequently checked Google Maps. After multiple complaints to Lexus Canada they agreed to install the new version of maps that were going to come out later that year. When the new maps came out, I was told my LX was too old to take the new version and nothing could be done. Also, I did not see any significant map data upgrades in the new version - some new subdivision streets around where I live, but it missed a new hospital that was constructed in my town 3-4 years before the map update. Of all the work I did on my 08 LX over 8 years and 200,000kms, the map update was the most frustrating and useless upgrade.

Hmm, I was only thinking about it due to the fact that my first major road time had the arrival time off by about 4 hours. The devil I know....

I do appreciate the feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom