Need help with a few Solid recommendations for a special 1984 RN65 i just picked up for my son regarding the go to parts source's or specialty shops ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
Need help with a few Solid recommendations for a special 1984 RN65

i just picked up for my son regarding the go to parts source's or specialty shops ?

thanks

i just picked up a sweet 1984 RN65 , with minimanal rust and a piston slap free 22R , I need some simple parts , or so i thought ?

- Center console lid Brown / Tan

- Tail gate Scissors or Hinges , that fold one each side

- interior door handle bezels , brown

- hvac dash registers

- and finally a OEM toyota NEW coolant over flow bottle ,

i was shocked to find out the dealership says all disc. / nla ? especially the bottle and the 2 tail gate bi-fold hinges , so i look on ebay , NO after market hinges either ?

unless im using the wrong terminology < Toyota call the STAYS , i tried hard to no success , so i figure the would reach out to the folks in the know .....

thanks for any TECH and recommended sources , im OK with reproduction in all the above , but the coolant bottle i want oem for sure

am i wishing for the moon and the stars ?

thanks for any input and help , my son has no idea the RN65 is parked at my friends house for his birthday in 3 weeks ......... :D

kindly
matt

1598889819841.png

Door handle bezels are aftermarket on eBay. Taiwan stuff but they are cheap and can be painted a darker brown if you need. (SEM rattle can interior browns). I should have a bottle I’d be willing to part with. No lid but last tine I checked the lid and overflow tube are still available. Registers, console lids and tail gate stays pop up on Facebook and craigslist often enough. Facebook seems to be more rewarding. I’ll pm you tonight when I get home.

Door handle bezels are aftermarket on eBay. Taiwan stuff but they are cheap and can be painted a darker brown if you need. (SEM rattle can interior browns). I should have a bottle I’d be willing to part with. No lid but last tine I checked the lid and overflow tube are still available. Registers, console lids and tail gate stays pop up on Facebook and craigslist often enough. Facebook seems to be more rewarding. I’ll pm you tonight when I get home.

overflow bottle itself , 16470-71030

toyota said its now disc. / nla ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom