Need FJ62 Fuel Injection expert near Indy/Bloomingotn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My nephew (for those that have been in Hoosier Cruiser from the start, this is Rod's son) has a 1989 FJ62. His sister rolled it onto its side a couple of years back and it hasn't run right since. It's running crazy rich and only getting 4mpg, but it's not throwing any codes. I've tested everything I can think of and find in the manual, but I haven't solved anything. This is a one-off computer/fuel injection setup - pre-OBD and not too helpful i diagnosis.

Any recommendations? Taking it to a normal repair shop or dealer is not an option for him.

Thanks.

Tim

I did test/confirm the temp sensors and I swapped out the Air Flow Meter with my buddy's. No difference/No luck.

It's been a while, but I'll pull the plugs and check them out. Thanks for the suggestions.

Right off the bat. Crazy rich and doesn't get better.

Is there a quick way to disable the cold start injector?

Its the one on the top of the plenum on the left side. You'll see a fuel line running up to it. Theres a banjo fitting on it. You can take a regular bolt and nut with two flat washers and tow crush washers and block it off.

You need to set up the bolt with a flat washer, then a copper crush washer, then the banjo fitting, then a crush washer, then another flat washer and then the nut.

Don't lose the banjo bolt while you are testing it with the block off. They can be a bitch to find.

Its a steel line so you can't just clamp it off.

41759037.gif

41759038.gif

I did think about this sometime back (this has been an ongoing issue for Colton) and I didn't follow up on this tack because I figured that if it were stuck open the computer would not be too happy and would throw some codes. Do you agree with that thought and would it make it not worth doing this test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom