Need FJ-70 fog light wiring harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

grayfj62turd

SILVER Star
Threads
I purchased a fog light set ( oem part# 81210-60090 ) for my 1989 FJ-70. There is no harness for the fog lights to connect. Is there an OEM harness available or is the female end pigtail available and just use an after market harness? Thanks for your help!
fj-70-foglight-connector-male.jpeg

Hello,

No harness needed.

You need two "Cowl Wires" to connect your lights to the main harness.

I do not have the part number at hand. Look for Cowl wire in a parts catalog.

Hope this helps.

Juan

Curious did you get your fog lights connected? I purchased and installed same fogs on my 1990 LJ73 (1989 build date). Research says OEM cowl wire No.2 PN 82132-60041 is correct but I'd like to assure it's plug and play. Prob a multimeter day to track down what's hot and what's not.

PXL_20211216_223805128.jpg

PXL_20211216_224016309.jpg

Sounds good. I saw that same cowl wire on Megzip as most other online parts suppliers show out of stock / not available Including PartSouq. Let me know if these connectors play nice together. I’m not seeing a good match under the hood but I haven’t dug too deep yet. My LC was originally a Spain / Europe import so not sure if that matters. This is another resource that more closely resembles the connectors I see…
B9A47E00-F4A8-4C46-8CB4-985D0CD0C649.png

Sounds good. I saw that same cowl wire on Megzip as most other online parts suppliers show out of stock / not available Including PartSouq. Let me know if these connectors play nice together. I’m not seeing a good match under the hood but I haven’t dug too deep yet. My LC was originally a Spain / Europe import so not sure if that matters. This is another resource that more closely resembles the connectors I see…
View attachment 2867861
Did you manage to get the part number to the fog lamp connector? On my wire cowl, there's a spare plug see photo

Photo of the plug found on the cowl wire (where to source the male connector to hook up the fogs?

IMG_6310.jpeg

Behind dash fog light switch

IMG_6290.jpeg

My original wire harness doesn't appear to have compatible connectors with the fog lights. Now considering reaching out to Coolerman to see if he will build a dedicated harness similar to the one he provided me on my 40. I bought / installed a separate switch from CityRacer as I had a blank panel and the existing switch goes to a rear fog light when headlights are on. The new switch has the same connector as you show....it's a start. More to do

PXL_20220128_175058487.jpg

PXL_20220105_015353300.jpg

Did you manage to get the part number to the fog lamp connector? On my wire cowl, there's a spare plug see photo

Photo of the plug found on the cowl wire (where to source the male connector to hook up the fogs?

View attachment 2907675

So after do checking the cowl wore this photo is my connector for the windshield washer motor so that not the one

So after do checking the cowl wire this photo is my connector for the windshield washer motor so that is not the one but found these 2 mysterious connectors on each side empty would that be the fog connector?

IMG_6311.jpg

View attachment 2907675

Behind dash fog light switch

View attachment 2907676

Did your dash have a connection ready for this switch? I ask because I want to buy this exact switch for my 88 4Runner, but I really would like a female connecter to splice onto my fog light wiring harness!

Did your dash have a connection ready for this switch? I ask because I want to buy this exact switch for my 88 4Runner, but I really would like a female connecter to splice onto my fog light wiring harness!

Yes, my dash has a switch and fog wiring but I found out the connector in the photo that was posted is for turn signals.

However, If searching for a model connector like crazy in the manual repair just look closely at the plug inside or behind there's always a 5-digit part number this way you can trace the right counterpart in the manual

These are the connector part numbers #90980–11142
Counterpart # 90980–11141

You can buy on this site

[sumitomo] 090 type MT waterproofing series 2 pole M connector [white] (no terminals)/2P090WP-MT-AL-M-tr
●[sumitomo] 090 type MT waterproofing series 2 pole M connector [white] (no terminals)/2P090WP-MT-AL-M-tr - https://www.hi-1000ec.com/product/537

[sumitomo] 090 type MT waterproofing series 2 pole F connector [white] (no terminals)/2P090WP-MT-AL-F-tr
●[sumitomo] 090 type MT waterproofing series 2 pole F connector [white] (no terminals) /2P090WP-MT-AL-F-tr - https://www.hi-1000ec.com/product/539

Best Regards,

Excellent research! Appreciate your work on this. I had Coolerman wire up a dedicated harness but we couldn’t track down these connectors. I haven’t cut off and replaced the original fog light connectors yet so will give these a try.

My original wire harness doesn't appear to have compatible connectors with the fog lights. Now considering reaching out to Coolerman to see if he will build a dedicated harness similar to the one he provided me on my 40. I bought / installed a separate switch from CityRacer as I had a blank panel and the existing switch goes to a rear fog light when headlights are on. The new switch has the same connector as you show....it's a start. More to do

View attachment 2907838

View attachment 2907840

I just wanted to share that I found an 80 series at the junkyard near me and the connector in this picture is used for the power windows as well as the power antenna. I grabbed all of them I could find (male and female) and took one of the female ends, attached to my aux lighting harness and now I have a switch that connects with the factory connector.

My project was an 88 4Runner, but I just thought others may benefit from this....even a completely picked over 80 series will likely have a couple of these connectors still. I did look around at various older Toyotas though (Tacoma, T100, etc) and didn't see any other vehicles with this connector.

IMG_4595.JPG
IMG_4596.JPG
IMG_4598.JPG
IMG_4599.JPG

IMG_4596.JPG
IMG_4598.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom