STOLEN My 80 Was stolen last night -Colorado- (Recovered!!!) (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It more or less looked like this when it was swiped......... except it had dark Fuel 17” wheels

C8F0E65C-B685-4664-A7E6-25921E01D41E.jpeg

Set up a search on search tempest? That will get nationwide coverage. I have an 80 that had all the VINs changed at one point.

Super sorry to read this. All the good suggestions have been made. I know its closing the gate after the horse (or 80 in this case has bolted) but you did remined me to put this in my rig, (not that anyone would steal my POS) I usual have it on my ADV bikes when we take trips just in case. Sorry man, looks like a heck of a rig and we covert what we see, i got my money on the roofers from what you say.

Traki GPS Tracker TRAKI

How it feels? Besides that everyday saying of being a victim, it really just takes the air out of you and leaves you flat and helpless
All you think about is, will someone find it, how long til someone finds it, when I drive around will I see it? It’s the unknown that is killer. Did it get chopped and all my sweet parts sold or is someone driving it around in a town hundreds of miles away and no one knows that it is a hot 80!
And then i have to deal with the memories of where that 80 has taken me and gotten me back home.
In general, I’m just pissed!

devo

How it feels? Besides that everyday saying of being a victim, it really just takes the air out of you and leaves you flat and helpless
All you think about is, will someone find it, how long til someone finds it, when I drive around will I see it? It’s the unknown that is killer. Did it get chopped and all my sweet parts sold or is someone driving it around in a town hundreds of miles away and no one knows that it is a hot 80!
And then i have to deal with the memories of where that 80 has taken me and gotten me back home.
In general, I’m just pissed!

devo
You have every right to be pissed. Hoping for the best and that POS ends up in doing time.

So as long as you don't try to make contact or do anything besides find and report, you can feel a little better if you spend time running some searches every so often on in the usual places it will help you stay busy and be part of the search. You don't want to take any action or make contact if you do find something, just report it. The poiice have families and the investigator who gets assigned will be balancing priorities on cases and also needs to spend time with family etc, so you can spend time doing the online searches and doing the phone calling to places. May make you feel less helpless.

Open your mind to what you might search for like 1fzfe or even your tire sizes etc, you can do some clever filtering in craigslist for age of posts etc. Also realize that some people who steal don't necessarily know the proper name for your wheels etc, or even know they have a cruiser in place of a 4runner.

I've tracked down stolen items before and most of the work was done just watching and calling and waiting. However I did have the benefit of not be emotionally involved so it helped me think clearer. There is also the chance that you searching hard can mess with your sanity and well the cruiser isn't worth loosing your sanity or freedom over. I have been a victim before a few time so i know how the anger feels.

Sorry to hear about your rig!

What’s a good anti- theft for our 80’s?
There was a rather timely thread about this question earlier on in the week:

No doubt in my mind. If not the roofers...someone they know.
This happened in our neighborhood. Folks just moved in across the street. (New upper-ish area, quiet). Anyway the movers we noticed were quite the tweaker types. 2 days later around 1am there was a string of car break-ins down our block. Timing was just to coincidental. Thankfully we both park inside the garage. Got the 2 guys on video but horrible angle and little to dark to make out, gave the video over to the PD anyway.

Will keep in eye out in Northern Utah in case it gets this far. I'd go check 21 Road. Its not uncommon for people who steal rigs like this to take them to gnarly offroad areas just to thrash them. Hope that's not the case and you find it parked behind someone's Meth house.

It more or less looked like this when it was swiped......... except it had dark Fuel 17” wheels

View attachment 2668903
Thanks for the picture as my family will keep an eye for your rig. They all can spot a Cruiser from a long ways away.
With all the positive energy being sent to you and your due diligence, a good out come shall, with karma.
We will look for your rig here in Denver and Front Range.

I think I was targeted? I live in an off the way neighborhood. The 80 is seen by every one around town. And not to judge but for the last 10 days the neighbors house was being re- roofed!
I had just loaded it for a 10 day trip. They got my camping gear, gas cans and kitchen and worst of all , all of my tools.
It sucks for sure, maybe it will show up?

thanks

devo
Yup. Get the police to checkout the roofers.

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but did you have any kind of electric device that has GPS tracker inside the cruiser when it was stolen. Maybe a navigating device that you could trace or an Ipad, etc. Also maybe the police could check any traffic camera's for the vehicle on that night so you know at least what direction they went. Check with local storage facilities as well. State patrol might be able to help if it hit the interstate.

On another note I hope that you had full-coverage insurance. I currently don't on mine but I may rethink that now. Hope you get some news soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom