STOLEN My 80 Was stolen last night -Colorado- (Recovered!!!) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will keep an eye out for it in and around Vegas. Hope this ends well!

Potentially saw a guy in Woodland Park getting gas about 2hrs ago in it. Didn’t see this post till I got home sorry man! Didn’t see the plate but I am pretty good at picking out 80s
That Is the I-25 Corridor
MAIN NORTH SOUTH INTERSTATE FOR EVRYTHING BAD

Heads up Colorado Springs, Pueblo Cruisers and Denver Front Rangers

Woodland Park is on hwy 24

If anyone has a positive or near positive sighting please cal 911

devo
Yes Wood land Park is on Highway 24. It is west of Colorado Springs.
I-25 Corridor is about 30 minutes or 30 miles EAST of Wodland park

North on Highway from woodland park is highway 67 to deckers, Highway 285
West I think Is highway 24 going west to Highway 285.
This is still driving in the mountains and foothills.

Have the License plate been posted? Or called into State Patrol?

I think I was targeted? I live in an off the way neighborhood. The 80 is seen by every one around town. And not to judge but for the last 10 days the neighbors house was being re- roofed!
I had just loaded it for a 10 day trip. They got my camping gear, gas cans and kitchen and worst of all , all of my tools.
It sucks for sure, maybe it will show up?

thanks

devo
Have you checked with everyone on the street to see if anyone had security or doorbell cams running before/during/after the theft? Also any businesses along the likely getaway route (parking lot and passing traffic)? I did this to prove fault in hit-and-run. If your neck of the woods is anything like L.A., the cops don't have the resources to check this stuff themselves, and a detective won't be assigned for days--by which time some of the footage may be gone. BUT they're happy to look at anything you can bring them--once someone's been assigned to the case. (Before that, no one knows what to do with it.) If you find security cam footage, record it on your phone AND ask the owner for a copy on USB. Also take a drive around. Different circumstances, but I had a guy hit-and-run me on a small street, figured the guy was headed to/from someplace nearby. Thought he'd surely have garaged the car or put it in a back yard but drove around looking anyway--and there it was, sitting in front of his house, less than a mile away.

I'd definitely try to look into the roofers, in whatever way that may be possible. Could be coincidence, but a lot of homeowners (especially landlords) hire the cheapest outfits off Craigslist--and when they show up, you just know they've all done time.

Last edited:
That is terrible to hear, hope for a quick recovery.

As we all have seen the frequency of 60's in the PNW stolen and recovered and the unfortunate 40/45's that seemed a little more organized thefts, are there any details you care to share about the circumstances to possibly help recovery advice and future prevention?

Good luck, hope for a positive outcome!!!
Can you provide more detail on these thefts? News to me--but then I'm not in the other forums...

@yknot123 thanks for being so helpful

woodland park police have been notified along with the chp

devo
You maybe surprised how those Patrol units work together.
Having to pick up a son in Woodland Park after totaling Toyota Highlander, N Highway 67, nothing but a wonderful experience from the community.
The CHP is incredible with the Interstates and Highways.
Fingers crossed.
devo, you are welcome and thank for kind nod

Yknot123 i called the WP Valero and no one there at the time could verify a sighting. If my 80 was there it was earlier than this shift.
I’ll try tomorrow to get a hold of the owner to possibly review the tape if there is one ?

So sorry to hear about the loss of your LC, that sucks! Hope you are successful in locating and recovering it quickly.
Out of curiosity, did it have the factory theft deterrent / keyless entry system? Was it locked and armed?
I'm curious as to how effective that system is and/or if it's recommended to replace that system with something perhaps more effective...

Comprehensive covers theft. Collision covers your car if you hit something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom