My 1970 FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Today, I went back out to discover that I DID leave a wire loose within the distributor. So, I screwed it down and sprayed some starter down the carb. I did start it again after this video but didn’t record. I every other second sprayed starter at the carb and the truck ran for almost a minute. When I go to let it idle it dies.

Looking at my fuel level in my handy dandy fuel bottle. I think I simply ran out of fuel.

Going to change the old oil that’s kinda thin due to all of the MMO I dumped in the motor.

The motor is still so tight. That’s why the starter is dragging and that’s why it comes to a sudden stop when out of fuel. A good friend of mine suggested fogging oil on top of changing the oil.

I’ll try that tomorrow.

I did pick up the green 40 today. Flat towed it. It did well too! My sons approve!

DDA17C20-1C04-4EA2-A3C9-F1831C47E84A.jpeg

A lot of people seem to use Marvel Mystery Oil on the tops of the cylinders when they are trying to free an engine. I think you are beyond that point but thought I would throw that out.

Nice looking green project. Assume it didn't come with a hard top? Looks like someone did a nice job on the body work.

No video. But I did change oil and put some fogging oil in each of the spark plug holes. Seemed to spin faster due to new oil/fogging oil.

D5A863E1-D2A6-42B4-84D9-6DC211777665.jpeg

I don't even own a 55 but I'm subscribed, Hot wire the fuel shut off solenoid touch it to the positive side of the battery you should hear a click if not its probably froze up take it off and clean with carb cleaner. did you run a hose from the fuel pump to a gas can ? Ive found that helps in case the tank is plugged just to get them running. Really digging this build reminds me of when I got the LV home LOL

DSCN0134.JPG

Rob- You might be onto something. I think when removed the valve cover, this wire going from the carb to the coil was pulled loose. I’ll hot wire it tomorrow. Hell, everything is hotwired so far! Lol!

20D9E2BB-EEFD-46D5-A64B-2E7FA7F68FE1.jpeg

No real update. I went out to the lot to check on my trucks and discovered both of my 55’s have jack rods AND crank rods!

DB25E921-B7D4-4680-81C9-F80E40F2490A.jpeg

1C5860A8-C79E-4C9D-B0EA-26FB760AE588.jpeg

Small update: After two bad starters, I broke down and bought a new one. No more slow cranking. Still working on timing.... 😝
And, due to a dead battery, I got to utilize one of my crank rods. 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom