My 1970 FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, I got after timing again today. I tried to get fuel from a bottle to the carb and maintain idle. Then, I noticed what appears to be milky oil/antifreeze.

Pics too.

C68CDC10-B032-49E4-894B-2A32386B4DB5.jpeg

89A8A14F-2EE9-4711-98F3-4ECA9844E86B.jpeg

28013190-B84D-448B-946B-378A81C422C5.jpeg

Hope you’re right.

I might go for the crazy Blue Devil experiment. Why the hell not.... 😉

I went back out after dinner. The truck ran for 90 seconds solid only because I was manipulating the carb to accelerate every two seconds. It a shame; the motor sounds strong. It just won’t idle. The carb linkage is all gummed up and the butterfly is stuck open. Like everything else, outside of my expertise and knowledge. Looking like the SSS is too far out of reach now. I’ll continue to chip away and struggle until that date. You never know.

It’s very unlikely that internal engine issues are keeping it from running.

Also, it’s hasaaaaasrd to get an Aisin carb that’s set up to just work.

2 Steps I would do.

Change oil.

Find a carb that works. ..... @USMC22 has a good City Racer carb to sell

I am not saying that engine issues are keeping it from running. I am saying that the carb is what is keeping it from idling. I did change the oil. But, it is now milkshaking at the top of the head.

I am buying an om617 with the Luke’s adapter all accessories, and mounts. I just need a radiator. It currently resides in an FJ40. I have a four speed and xfer already too. I thought it’d go into one of my 40 series. But, maybe this 55 gets it. How different is the spacing/layout? It’ll be a slow piggy.

...as far as motor mounts.

Mercedes 5 cylinder turbo diesel.

Doing a very slow om617/H55F swap in my 78 now. Doomsday diesel carries some Toyota to om617 mounts for the 70’s-90’s pickups. I’m just making my own. Stock mounts for the F engine are too far forward for the om617. Cut mine off while still in Colorado and somehow tossed them.☹

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom