MLED 2.0 Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

supercarrera

I Like LEDs
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
I'm thinking of doing a retrofit of my headlights using Morimoto MLED 2.0 bi-LED projectors to replace my stock halogen projectors. Anyone have any experience with these? Mainly I'm wondering if they would be brighter than an HID retrofit.

Pretty comparable. Only thing I don’t like is if there’s failure, you’re stuck until you get new parts to put in where hid you can easily have spares and swap on the trail. Plus, just helped a buddy swap a failed mled. Fan actually fell off, and no cooling fried it. It was screwed on as it came from the factory.

I'm thinking of doing a retrofit of my headlights using Morimoto MLED 2.0 bi-LED projectors to replace my stock halogen projectors. Anyone have any experience with these? Mainly I'm wondering if they would be brighter than an HID retrofit.
Hey Scott, what did you decide? I'm planning to retrofit over the holidays and trying to decide between the MLED2 and DS2 5.0...To answer your original question...the video I reviewed linked below showed that the LED version puts out more candela:
Also, from their description: Output Advantage: We'll just start with the hotspot. It's brighter than a D2S 5.0 with a CBI and 50w ballast, and 10% brighter than it's closest LED based competitor. The Kuria optic clear lens and koito-esque beam shaper produce a beam pattern that's way wider than a D2S 5.0 too. Their ECE-sloped beam pattern is super sharp and colorful. You can expect up to 83,000 peak CD--that is a lot of light.

I'm also concerned about a failure having to replacing the whole thing vs. a bulb, but curious if you pulled the trigger anyway.

-Walker

Hey Scott, what did you decide? I'm planning to retrofit over the holidays and trying to decide between the MLED2 and DS2 5.0...To answer your original question...the video I reviewed linked below showed that the LED version puts out more candela:
Also, from their description: Output Advantage: We'll just start with the hotspot. It's brighter than a D2S 5.0 with a CBI and 50w ballast, and 10% brighter than it's closest LED based competitor. The Kuria optic clear lens and koito-esque beam shaper produce a beam pattern that's way wider than a D2S 5.0 too. Their ECE-sloped beam pattern is super sharp and colorful. You can expect up to 83,000 peak CD--that is a lot of light.

I'm also concerned about a failure having to replacing the whole thing vs. a bulb, but curious if you pulled the trigger anyway.

-Walker

Hi Walker I never saw this video but I did end up pulling the trigger on the MLED 2s. LEDs seem like more of a modern solution to me. I haven't had a chance to do the install yet but they're sitting on my work table. I'm hoping they don't fail but I think it's worth the risk. Let me know if you end up getting them. What vehicle do you have?

Hi Walker I never saw this video but I did end up pulling the trigger on the MLED 2s. LEDs seem like more of a modern solution to me. I haven't had a chance to do the install yet but they're sitting on my work table. I'm hoping they don't fail but I think it's worth the risk. Let me know if you end up getting them. What vehicle do you have?
I agree about the tech and like the high beam pattern a little better. I wish they were 5000K instead of 6300K, but I did end up ordering them, anyway. I have a 2006 LX. I’m looking for a good source for glass lenses/headlights so I can take my time with the swap.

I agree about the tech and like the high beam pattern a little better. I wish they were 5000K instead of 6300K, but I did end up ordering them, anyway. I have a 2006 LX. I’m looking for a good source for glass lenses/headlights so I can take my time with the swap.
That's awesome. Let me know how the install goes. I'll be taking my time as well. I already bought new oem headlights as the lenses on my current headlights are pretty toast anyway. I bought them from Stevens Creek Lexus. Their prices are actually pretty competitive. Are you near Santa Clara by any chance? Don't worry about the color temperature as you can always run fogs in bad weather or when you need them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom