March 23 ride and camp out! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
We decided at the meeting Thursday night to do a ride in Bankhead Forest and then camp out at Recreation.gov

Two places we will visit on the ride are

The Marker Tree

And Holmes Chapel falls

Details are below

Last edited:
I know Tim is still working the details but of course something had to comes up for me that weekend....

My family is coming into town and I am going to miss this run, BUT I am interested in camping out Thursday night incase anyone wants to make it a long weekend.

We will meet at the Warrior Mountain Trading Post at 9:30. From there we will leave out at 9:45 heading out on the Forest Service roads stopping to hike at
The Marker tree (1/2 mile hike one way)
Key Mill Branch Falls (1/2 mile hike one way) eating a light lunch or snack here by the waterfall
Holmes Chapel Falls (100 Yards hike one way)

We will adjust hikes as needed so don't worry about not being able to do one.

Head out the to eat at Chef Troy's Talk of the Town, Houston - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

Then heading out to campout at Recreation.gov

Key Mill Branch

Me and the kids are in...still working on my better half...😎

Me and the kids are in...still working on my better half...😎
Remind her she won't have to cook, will have clean bathrooms, and you will watch the kids while she sits by fire drinking your beer

Remind her she won't have to cook, will have clean bathrooms, and you will watch the kids while she sits by fire drinking your beer

I showed her your post....she remains unconvinced. I will continue my charm offensive to see if I can change hearts and minds.

One of the guys asked me if it would be a good idea to reserve a spot at the campground. What do you think?

We have never needed reservations there before but we can get them if you would like

If you all don't mind an interloper from Dixieland we (me, the spouse, the dog) might join you on the 23rd. Just ride; no camp.

If you all don't mind an interloper from Dixieland we (me, the spouse, the dog) might join you on the 23rd. Just ride; no camp.
The more the merrier come on!

Coming up this Saturday!

How many we got going and who is gonna camp?

I can't make it

We’ll be there for the ride. Can’t camp unfortunately

Thanks so much for allowing us to come out this weekend. Enjoyed the fellowship and the scenery. I hope we can do that again sometime.

Thanks so much for allowing us to come out this weekend. Enjoyed the fellowship and the scenery. I hope we can do that again sometime.
You and your family are welcome anytime!
IMG_1705[1].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom