LX570 upgrades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Forgive me as I'm a newbie to the LX570. I had a 2017 GX460 but we moved Panama and it was too costly to import the car here. I was able to find a 2010 LX 570 with just over 50k miles on it in pretty good condition. There is a local shop here where the owner is a certified Toyota mechanic and also owned and moded his own LX570, so I have an expert to help with some of the stuff.

Having said that, is it possible to upgrade the stereo unit to a new one and still retain all of the goodies that come with the LX? Another issue, I notice the quality of the cameras is very poor. Granted the camera technology back in 2010 is nothing compare to today. Is it possible to upgrade the cameras on the LX to newer, better cameras? I have seen a few posts about others having done it.

Am I biting off too much with looking into these upgrades, or is this something that could be possible?

Forgive me as I'm a newbie to the LX570. I had a 2017 GX460 but we moved Panama and it was too costly to import the car here. I was able to find a 2010 LX 570 with just over 50k miles on it in pretty good condition. There is a local shop here where the owner is a certified Toyota mechanic and also owned and moded his own LX570, so I have an expert to help with some of the stuff.

Having said that, is it possible to upgrade the stereo unit to a new one and still retain all of the goodies that come with the LX? Another issue, I notice the quality of the cameras is very poor. Granted the camera technology back in 2010 is nothing compare to today. Is it possible to upgrade the cameras on the LX to newer, better cameras? I have seen a few posts about others having done it.

Am I biting off too much with looking into these upgrades, or is this something that could be possible?

I am unaware of any secondary market stereos for the Lx. Unless of course, the Lx dash/control unit look dramatically different from the South American to the US spec.

is it possible to upgrade the stereo unit to a new one

what do you want to upgrade? the head unit? the speakers? the amp? Does your lx570 have Mark Levinson premium sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom