LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKET (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Luke, can you comment on the Halo's? Do you think they will work in this install or no? Based on how tight everything is. I like the ides of them, to be different, but if they won't work they won't work.

Luke, can you comment on the Halo's? Do you think they will work in this install or no? Based on how tight everything is. I like the ides of them, to be different, but if they won't work they won't work.

Halo's... can you find the right size? How to mount them? wiring?......will they look good? .. If you really want them... mount your projectors..do not seal the lenses and take or send them to one of the many custom light shops. I really don't have the expertise in that department but I'm sure some one can find a size a look you'd be happy with. I do know that halo's are easy to install when you're adding a new shroud.... there are shrouds that have the halo's attached but that application will not work in the LX low beam side but the high beam side is another story... I'm working on installing little Matchbox projectors in the high beam side
but I'm not a fan of the Gatling shroud. I ordered a set of shrouds from a company that makes custom micro shrouds that have halos
The first picture is the Gatling shroud

IMG_1740.JPG

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1744.PNG

Thanks Luke. While I'm happy pulling my hair out replacing all the frigging wheel studs, doing any mechanical maint. really, this stuff is all Greek to me.

Keep up the awesome work. I'll be following along and have this as a to-do on my LX.

How much is all of that running?

My order was $282, but TRS was running a sale over the holiday weekend, so I got 20% off that, for a total after shipping of $242. It's the Morimoto Mini H1 Stage III kit, which includes the Mini H1 7.0 projectors for which Luke's adapters are being designed.

Awesome. Can't wait to get this kit. Now just need someone to list the exact things to purchase for a 2005 Lx. Man this is all Greek to me.

Eagerly awaiting the D2S adapters!

Update: I'm just waiting for the couplers to arrive and had to make a small adjustment on the D2S bracket.. It's about a 3 day turn around with the water jet company because they are in Va.. l'd like to place the order next week for the brackets.

For anyone doing the D2S you need to make sure to order the D2S Straight Adapters and the Amp Morimoto XB Igniter because the all in one D2S: Morimoto XB Igniter will just barely fit into the housing in order to attach to the bulb. The only hassle is the Straight Adapters do not come with a housing seal which you can buy through TRS but you'll have to cut them in order to get them around the wire. I was successful in opening up a hole in the OEM rear cap epoxying the seals back together and installing them.

Advise to all those planning the HID retrofit .. get your wiring harness installed and figured out before hand. It will make final install and down time to a half day.

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

Do not order this one
IMG_1824.jpg

Last edited:
As mentioned earlier I'm looking to put the matchbox projectors in the high beam location to run HID daytime running lights,
quad low beams and quad high beams. The Klearz Matchbox shroud arrived. They shame the Gatling Shroud.. better looking, mounting tabs on the back and fit is absolutely perfect. I ordered the smoked lens and will look to put halo's in. Sending them out to be chromed

IMG_1802.JPG

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_1806.JPG

IMG_1807.JPG

The TRS 80mm rubber housing caps fit perfectly on the back of our housings and give you plenty of room. Just another option.

Luke - Another basic question here. I have one of these kits I installed inside my stock LX projector and later removed due to legality concerns at the time: H1 HID Headlight Kit | H1 HID Upgrade

Since I already have the ballasts installed and wired in the vehicle (but disconnected) can I just bake my headlights, install the TRS H1 projectors using your kit and call it good?

Luke - Another basic question here. I have one of these kits I installed inside my stock LX projector and later removed due to legality concerns at the time: H1 HID Headlight Kit | H1 HID Upgrade

Since I already have the ballasts installed and wired in the vehicle (but disconnected) can I just bake my headlights, install the TRS H1 projectors using your kit and call it good?

Yes.. pretty simple

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom