LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKET (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome, thanks for the replies. That'll make it easier to make a decision when the time comes. Also glad to see that you were successfully using the 55w kit, as I was also considering whether to go 35 or 55.

Thanks again...getting excited!

The Mini H1 that I have in my 80 are absolutely sick.. running a 55w ballast and were absolutely sick running a 35 W ballast and I've only experienced ideal lighting on the driver side not sure where you read that.
...I made sure to adjust them to the correct height and I've never been flashed
posted this picture earlier in the thread ...these are my lights in low beam...
It's really your call on which projectors to run you'll be very happy with the mini H1's and they'll be very easy to install Trimming the shrouds to fit the D2S we're not that big of a deal but obviously if you only have one pair to work with your probably better off just going with the Mini H1

View attachment 1483778
I just picked up H1 7.0 since they have their big July 4th sale right now. Let me know when your bracket is ready!

Coupon codes good until 7/5/17:
•10% off $100+ using code JULY4TRS10
•15% off $150+ using code JULY4TRS15
•20% off $200+ using code JULY4TRS20
•25% off $300+ using code JULY4TRS25

Just received the H1 bracket

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1600.JPG

IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_1602.JPG

I just picked up H1 7.0 since they have their big July 4th sale right now. Let me know when your bracket is ready!

What website is having a big sale?

Both of the links bamabrock posted are for the mini H1 7.0 projectors. One is for the projectors only, with some available options. The other is for the full kit, with ballasts, wiring harness, etc. If you don't currently have anything, you'll want the kit (Morimoto Mini H1 Stage III). My only question is on the harness to choose. Since the LX470 uses an H1 bulb from the factory, I am assuming we would pick the HD H1/H3 harness?

Also, I'd get the housing sealant and the Mini H1 MotoHo1ders, which properly secure and align the bulbs. Just need to decide on 4500k or 5500k bulbs.

Add me to the list when these brackets are ready to go. I Just purchased the Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini H1 7.0 ( I got the full kit with bulbs and ballasts + a few other accessories at 25% off !

Thanks to Bamabrock for posting the sale codes !

How does the halo option work? Is there room in the LX housing for those?

Ok, the Mini H1 Bracket has passed the install test.. its centered but the final test for centering will be done once I install the light and get it properly adjusted. I also need to order the longer ball snaps which Is needed to set distance position.
I also figured out a few steps that will help in the removal of the OEM projector which I'll share once everything is finalized.

IMG_1703.JPG

IMG_1715.JPG

IMG_1728.JPG

IMG_1729.JPG

IMG_1711.JPG

Looking good! I'll have the mini H1 7.0 kit here on Monday, ready to go whenever everything comes together.

Thanks for the great update.

Tolerances for mounting the projector on the bracket were so tight that you actually have to separate the lens housing from the projector in order to bolted projector to the bracket and then reinstall the lens housing.

IMG_1706.JPG

IMG_1707.JPG

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1715.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom