low production no's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
only 40,000 untis first year.....if you want one you better order now (and probably bend over for the additional mark up the dealers will be charging until supply catches up)

never have been a fan of "first year" vehicles. Wait until they work the bugs out.

fj40crusher said:
never have been a fan of "first year" vehicles. Wait until they work the bugs out.

Ditto.

Also - recall what happened to the 80 series after 2 production years......bigger engine and f/r lockers.

Yeah, look at the 91 and 92 80 series. They made major changes after the general public figured out those rigs were underpowered.

At least toyota is giving us something. Still not happy with the US car market. All the H2's and the Xterra type vehicles. What happened to muscle and steel? I just want something durable that can take a beating.

fj40crusher said:
Yeah, look at the 91 and 92 80 series. They made major changes after the general public figured out those rigs were underpowered.

At least toyota is giving us something. Still not happy with the US car market. All the H2's and the Xterra type vehicles. What happened to muscle and steel? I just want something durable that can take a beating.

It's frustrating to be aware that most of the world gets Toyota vehicles that are rough and tumble while Toyota decides that we don't need that - we only need vehicles that sorta' look the part but are filled with creature comfort and gimmickry.

I totally agree. I miss style and personality in a car. I feel like 30 years ago you could look at a car and it would take a personality. Something about old steel speaks. The new plastic has no lines or style. When I look at this thing I see a high end exective driving it downtown Minneapolis at 10am when no one is on the road. It just says to me "I am pretty take me out on the city streets and wash me everyday. When I look at my FJ40 I hear "Let's go play in the woods and beat me until YOU can not take anymore because you will never beat me" I know it has been said before but I honestly feel like very little style anymore. You can flame if you want but I feel like the new Chrysler 300 is the only car I have seen in 5 years that made a statement in style. Big old grill nice lines on the hood leading up to the grill, a little boxy from the side. Style. Wishing toyota would have followed Ford in there remake of the Thunderbird and not VW in there remake of the Bettle. :rolleyes:

As poser states so elequently I think it is :rainbow:

Just my .02

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom