Logan's Run 2018 - November 1st-4th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok boys and girls it's time for an update. LR 2018 is going to be held at Shadowlands campground. A HUGE thank you to Chris Cagle and family as without their help, this event most likely would not have been able to be rescheduled in a timely manner. We are the first individual OHV club that is being allowed to use the facility. It was initially set up for scouts and church youth groups.

Directions:

From HWY 109 you will turn onto Mullinex road just as if you were going to group camp. You will go approx 0.5 miles and make a left up a gravel entrance (we'll have a sign out). Shadowlands sits on 51 acres, some wooded and some wide open. There is a covered pavilion on location that has bathrooms and showers. Otherwise, there is a similar primitive camp type feel that we had at group camp. As you pull in to the right of the pavilion you will find the wooded section prime for tent camping. Trailers, campers and RV's have full access to the fields. On the map you will see a red circle. There is a small camping section just inside the treeline here that can be used as well. It's idea for a small group that might prefer a little more "out of the way" type spot. This is insanely close to the outpost so those of you that make the breakfast run to the Outpost just got a shorter commute.

Few items of note:
1. There are not a lot of fire rings yet so bring your personal fire pits and plan accordingly.
2. The family has requested that we adhere to the same rules of group camp and would prefer we refrain from alcohol use while on the property. I know this might seem like a lot to ask but I think a lot of this is in regards to this being a new operation for them and they just want to avoid possible issues. I do believe that once they see what kind of group we are that this request will not be strict going forward. This is a small price to pay for the potential this spot has for the club and for our future events. We're not going to be going around checking cups but let's be respectful of their wishes. A large reason why we got to use this facility is that this is a charity based event that honors one of our own.

First post will be updated this weekend. Please see the original post for more details.

Now for some pics......

Shadowlands.jpg

I told the wife about the rescheduled Logan's Run, so if I can get the 4runner runner right, I can probably make it. Is it just gonna be me and DBenke? Excessive, are you still going? Anyone I missed? I'll probably take a half day friday and drive up and make it by 5 or so.

It was mentioned in an earlier thread about a mudship..I don't remember much about it. I'll do some searching and see if I can find it.
If you need something mudshipped, let me know

Hey guys. Please take a look at the first post on the Logan's Run thread in the NC Clubhouse. The first post has been updated with location and driving updates. The road closures in the area have provided some additional challenges.

Thanks and cannot wait to see everyone there.

I had a great time up there for the short time I was there, wheeling, food, fellowship and the raffle....Oh yeah, THE RAFFLE...
I won BIG...Winch, (thanks @beno ), recovery gear, swag bag from BFG, lantern, $50 SEO gift cert., $250 gift cert. from wit's end, storage rack from orange box fab, it was a good time. 2 numbers off of the ARB fridge, Kenny and Lydia won that. Fun Times.
Good to see everyone again.

Had a great time! Wished more of the Low Country crew could have been there! It was a lot of fun! It was great seeing you David and good seeing you take home the King's Ransom in prizes!!! Hope to see everyone soon!

I had a great time up there for the short time I was there, wheeling, food, fellowship and the raffle....Oh yeah, THE RAFFLE...
I won BIG...Winch, (thanks @beno ), recovery gear, swag bag from BFG, lantern, $50 SEO gift cert., $250 gift cert. from wit's end, storage rack from orange box fab, it was a good time. 2 numbers off of the ARB fridge, Kenny and Lydia won that. Fun Times.
Good to see everyone again.

I guess I should turn those certs on now :hmm:

Saw some of the ONSC people while out running the trails a little slick out there Saturday. The old 100’ did well didn’t take many picks

90AA4093-9474-41FE-AFF3-24ED3E73FF00.jpeg

You should have stopped by! We had a great time at Logan's Run with ONSC!
Dude I knew when the raffle ended I was forgetting something I wanted to do. If you'll PM me your address I've got something I'd like to give your kiddo. ;)

Or if you are coming to the Christmas party I can hand deliver. Just let me know.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it! And I'm sure she will too!!! I probably won't be able to make the Christmas party with working on the house addition and all but I'm sure y'all will have a great time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom