Local source for good used GM LS engines? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We had good luck with LKQ on two used 5.3L . Came with a year warranty. One is in the 80 at the shop.

LKQ looks to be a solid source.

LKQCorp___Inventory_Search.png

So what's the cost of you coming to help swap my 80?

Not today or anything....

...but like maybe tomorrow?

Check and see about a 4.8/5.3 with 4L60 and wiring harness/computer would run. Don't need the trans harness just the ECM and engine harness back to the ECM.

Check and see about a 4.8/5.3 with 4L60 and wiring harness/computer would run. Don't need the trans harness just the ECM and engine harness back to the ECM.

no such monster, if im not mistaken the trans harness is part of the harness regardless on most of the automatic setups over the years, it doesnt have a separate pin and pigtail exclusive to the trans. if you just want an management harness for the motor/ecm to talk to your truck, I can have you one made as per your confiqurations

you will have to have your ecm programmed as well, and that depends again on your driveline confiq and what you want done with emissions, number of o2 sensors, throttle body/cable, manual or auto, and final drive ratios.

you can stick them in without programming but the adl light will always be on

No worries.

Whole harness is fine. No rush as this will be a future project. Just trying to get some ideas. Essentially I only want the ECM to run the engine like factory and I'll do away with the electronics on the 4L60E.

To either of you guys...

Bob, my supplier just got a whole suburban 4x4 with 5.3l, 99k miles...my cost is 3600 shipped to my door. You would get everything, computer, harness, all accessorires and the transmission with converter and probably tcase, im not sure at that price. I have emailed him back to hold it for few days and what all I get for that price. His engines usually range from 2 to 2500. You also get a year warranty.

I'm still a ways out on mine. Just gauging prices so I'll know what I'm looking at spending.

@YotaJosh are you ready, already?

I'm not anywhere near ready either. Probably going to try and convert to H55F and put drivetrain back in stock location with my current TBI 350, then go 4.8/5.3 later.

I do like how complete his package is, and the warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom