Lincoln 170I mig welder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I brought a old style lincoln 170I mig welder the other day and got her sizzling bacon after replacing the liner, flux wire and tip. I have never tried to weld before but to be honest I have both a oxy-acetylene and a old school type arc welder that I have never tried to use. The cost of running argon gas downunder is over the top dollor wise so I'm keen to try and learn to weld with a flux type wire to repair a few rusty panels on my old hj45. I have a trophy type piece of 3 mm flat bar I'm using to practice welding the thickness and what herbs and wire speed to use but as you can see I have a lot to learn about the settings. The first weld was the second from the top and my last was the top weld. I was trying to weld with all types of metal from rusty to clean in different thicknesses today but I might be rushing it along to fast but would appropriate any and all advice on where I'm going wrong.

iphone5 004.JPG

Metal should be clean when using a mig, more forgiving with an arc welder. You need to familiarize yourself with the machines settings at first so try to keep the welder close enough to make the proper adjustments easily. Make sure you're in a proper - comfortable position when you weld. A good tempo when welding makes a lot of difference on the quality of the weld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom