Lift Kit Question 2008 GX470 - Please help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am new to aftermarket suspension stuff but I noticed my airbags are old and my front shocks are damp/humid which means they are probably done.

My question is...I don't want to lift the vehicle but if I bought Bilstein 5100s and kept it on the factory setting and bought OME springs for the back, do I need anything else to eliminate the bags? Is all I need the two springs? Also, what about the front? Does the front of the vehicle have springs or is all I need the front 5100 shocks?

Thanks!

Search for eibach and you will find a stock height kit that will serve your needs as you describe

Your front suspension does have springs. You can simply swap over your oem springs with the 5100's on the bottom clip and it would work great and sit at the factory height. The factory shocks are hooked up to a plug/harness but you can simply unplug and tuck the harness away or you can cut them off for a cleaner look if you're ocd like me.

If you are simply looking to ditch the failing airbags in the rear, you can replace the bags with a ''coil conversion''. this kit usually includes springs and all the various hardware pieces to mount them safely.

If you're budget minded, you can go with the monroe conversion kit, or you can reach out to a few other companies such as metal tech 4x4 to see if they offer a factory height replacement.

Monroe has a great how-to video that you can watch to get an idea of what you're looking to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom