Lexus RX350 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought a 07 RX350 for the mother in law. Clean as it gets. I am have trouble finding a forums that isn't populated by non car people. I have to baseline this thing by Saturday. Dealer maintained ( confirmed by the dealer ) Doing basic fluid changes, diffs, trans oil.. etc and brakes. it had one campaign done for the vvt oil leak but not the other. It has a slow chronic oil leak which I think is the other hose. Will be addressing this before the trip. I would like to bypass most of the nanny systems for the nav and info center. Need to know what else I should be doing. I will be doing a 1k trip straight though. Any pointers would be great.

I agree on when you step out of MUD good advice is hard to come by. Not sure how to “disable” nav. The Lexus dealer near me is very helpful. Doesn’t hurt to ask if there is a veteran Lexus mechanic on the staff to help you out. You can get a disc on Ebay to get an update for the nav longterm. Also you can look up any vin on lexus website for detailed service. Dealer near me acted amazed that I knew this. Thanks IH8MUD!
HTH

My wife has an '08 RX400H and never uses the nav because it is not intuitive at all. I've never found a Lexus site that comes close to Mud. There are videos on Youtube but all I have found are useless. Just wait until you try to change the spark plugs on the back bank.

My wife has an '08 RX400H and never uses the nav because it is not intuitive at all. I've never found a Lexus site that comes close to Mud. There are videos on Youtube but all I have found are useless. Just wait until you try to change the spark plugs on the back bank.

The car has been delivered so those rear plugs are her problem lol. I was complaining to my wife about how useless those forums are unless you want to install a body kit or aftermarket stereo. I called the dealer to get a quote on Pads front and rear, front rotors, engine oil, diff, trans; and a diag on a MIL. Good lord, those people make a killing. I think the total was north of 1800. Parts ran me about 250 and a few hours.
The MIL was p0022 and I think p0024. Cam over advanced and cam timing retarded. Did a little research and found the screens for the VVT-I and OCV plug up over time. Cleaned them with a little brake clean and reset the MIL. 1200 miles later not a peep out of it. PO had cleared the codes before I came. Jokes on him, I got a stellar deal on it. From what I could guess he took it in and Lexus told him it could be a TSB that requires the cams to be pulled and phasers replaced. Estimated cost on that was like 3k. Mother in law loves the thing but I am now on the hook for any major repairs. At least it's a Toyota. I owe my snap-on guy a cold one for letting me borrow his scan tool. Wouldn't have been able to reset the tire pressure monitor without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom