Builds Let's build a 79 Series from parts... (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is no 1HZT from the factory. Perhaps you meant to say 1HDT?

Factory 1HZ-T is a rare engine, but it does exist

Wow. You learn something new every day.

Never say never.

Might have to put one of these in the cart!

Ha! That's a fun thread...

Exactly! I got about 1/2 way thru it.....
Somewhere in the second half they end up remaking the 1HZ-T decal because there were no more available...

In between playing with the Troopy....we put this brake pedal in....2 of the 3 pedals are now accounted for. Getting more legit by the pedal.

20190717_151646.jpg

FINALLY finished this project. Really wish we didn't have to tear up the powder coating on the frame. Fortunately most of this stuff gets covered with parts and will most likely be covered by dirt.
20190717_111111_1.jpg
20190717_111118_HDR_1.jpg
20190718_130636.jpg

Finally something of significance....got started on this.

20190719_100043.jpg

Dropped right in like it was meant to be.

20190719_105840.jpg
20190719_105830.jpg

Trans tunnel opening is about 3.5" too far reward which is what we kind of figured(H151 vs R151 length)....so we will mod the floor. Might pull the cab off to start on that project here very shortly(going to undercoat while we have the cab pulled....

I wish I had room for a dead pedal. Hmm....View attachment 2034023
Wonder if a later model pedal would fit? Seems they are pretty interchangeable. And if not, they can be made to fit. The dead pedal is held on with 2 studs...easy to make a bracket. And it will fit with that kick panel I think.

I didn't even realize that there wasn't a dead pedal on my 73. Lol. Guess my foot is too busy shifting to rest it.

Yes, it seems like it would be a fairly easy mod. I'll have to think about whether the pedal spacing/positioning will be more/less favorable. I did have a RHD dead pedal on hand but I threw it out a few weeks ago. :doh:

Last edited:
Yes, it seems like it would be a fairly easy mod. I'll have to think about whether the pedal spacing/positioning will be more/less favorable. I did have a RHD dead pedal on hand but I through it out a few weeks ago. :doh:

Cruiserparts has the clutch pedal for $35. Hard to beat. Except for it being Cruiserparts. Ha. I will say, the last few things I have sourced from them haven't required 15 phone calls and emails to get the status on. And they have shipped the right stuff. They have the dead pedal too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom