Builds Let's build a 79 Series from parts... (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That poor Tacoma gets a workout with hauling all these Land Cruiser parts! And yeah....that crate was a bit much for it. I think the 1HDT I bought with an auto and ALL of the parts that went with it from an 81 was a tad heavier.

The 1HZ is really clean. Missing a motor mount though. LH mount.

Did not notice that but probably have one somewhere in the shop , I will look for it and send it to you.

There is no 1HZT from the factory. Perhaps you meant to say 1HDT?

Just what I'm calling it....it's a 1HZ with an aftermarket turbo. I believe @joekatana said it was done in the Netherlands by a well respected shop. Customer removed it to install a 1HDTFE. Joe mentioned an early 2000s 74 or something that it came out of. Should be nice in the 79....

Last edited:
Pretty neat turbo setup on it...should do the trick.

20190709_073703.jpg

20190709_073715.jpg

It's going to be a great setup.

Just what I'm calling it....it's a 1HZ with an aftermarket turbo. I believe @joekatana said it was done in the Netherlands by a well respected shop. Customer removed it to install a 1HDTFE. Joe mentioned an early 2000s 74 or something that it came out of. Should be nice in the 79....

All American Imports in Kaatsheuvel the Netherlands build it , they have a reputation for not being cheap but doing things the right way. I believe they even have zero miles new 1HDT's sitting on the shelves for sale , probably cost anywhere from 15 to 20K just for the engine but they are the only ones I know that have stuff like this.

All American Imports in Kaatsheuvel the Netherlands build it , they have a reputation for not being cheap but doing things the right way. I believe they even have zero miles new 1HDT's sitting on the shelves for sale , probably cost anywhere from 15 to 20K just for the engine but they are the only ones I know that have stuff like this.

Pretty cool.

@joekatana Trying to figure out a clutch disc for it.....that motor has a 275mm setup on it with a 21 spline hub. I need a 275mm 14 spline disc. I thought I was golden with the 1FZ disc I bought from you(14 spline).....it's 300mm though. So the search begins. I'm sure the answer lies somewhere on Mud...

@joekatana Trying to figure out a clutch disc for it.....that motor has a 275mm setup on it with a 21 spline hub. I need a 275mm 14 spline disc. I thought I was golden with the 1FZ disc I bought from you(14 spline).....it's 300mm though. So the search begins. I'm sure the answer lies somewhere on Mud...

Why not source a 300 mm flywheel then ?

Why not source a 300 mm flywheel then ?

I could do that. Didn't want to have to ship in a 300mm flywheel though. There has to be a 275mm 14 spline disc out there somewhere. Would be cool to swap the 1HZ's 275mm setup with the 1FZs 300mm dealio but I think I read where the bolt pattern at the crank between the 1FZ and 1HZ are very different.

This Exedy part seems to fit the bill...HDJ80

2019-07-09 09.25.15 am.png

Seems the EU spec HDJ80 had a 275mm clutch while other countries got the 300mm one. Interesting.

I just had a discussion with Joe last week on this subject on my rig..... When I get home let me take some measurements to see what diameter I have.

part numbers you have...

Clutch 31250 - 0w031
Pressure plate 31210-0w032

Doing some research, to see if this is the same for mine.

based on vin, Toyota shows 3121060150 for the pressure plate and 31250–60290 for the clutch

Partsouq show the first as valid part numbers with current availability or aisen replacement of ctx133. The clutch is no longer available, however there are replacements:

I then ran the two part numbers you gave me, neither of them have the same non toyota replacements.

Seems the EU spec HDJ80 had a 275mm clutch while other countries got the 300mm one. Interesting.

No pretty sure most Euro spec HDJ80’s had 300 mm flywheels but with Toyota there is always that “one” exception right 😉

Just looked and the pressure plate aisin ctx133 is od 278mm, so that is likely what you need.

only clutch showing on partsouq is exedy tdy120. never heard of that brand.

throwout bearing is available from Mr. T. 3123060130

Last edited:
I just had a discussion with Joe last week on this subject on my rig..... When I get home let me take some measurements to see what diameter I have.

part numbers you have...

Clutch 31250 - 0w031
Pressure plate 31210-0w032

Doing some research, to see if this is the same for mine.

based on vin, Toyota shows 3121060150 for the pressure plate and 31250–60290 for the clutch

Partsouq show the first as valid part numbers with current availability or aisen replacement of ctx133. The clutch is no longer available, however there are replacements:

I then ran the two part numbers you gave me, neither of them have the same non toyota replacements.

I found a disc number of 31250-60260.....HDJ80(90-94 I believe). That's what I'm concerned about. Mudder @Gengis was kind enough to supply a few numbers as well....they all end up being the same as what I found once I found the aftermarket part so I could check numbers. I will most likely do the TYD120 Exedy on Partsouq as it is really cheap BUT....they show no quantity....but I can put it in my basket. I think I'll give it a shot to see what happens. Can not find one in the US.

What will be interesting will be when I take apart my FZJ75 to see what it has in it. Pretty sure the clutch I got from Joe won't work....I know the disc won't(H150-21 spline shaft).

Contary to popular belief, a lot of FZ models came out with 275 clutches , they have a mixture of the H150 and H151 gearboxes, BUT both gearboxes had the same input shaft ( 14 spline/32 mm) again contrary to popular belief.
As I mentioned to Chris in a PM, best is to whack the Toy numbers into Google and watch for the aftermarket equivalent offerings, they are a lot better at supplying dimentions.
G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom